Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle SB61G2 + Matrox G550

Hi there!!

Apologies if this has been raised before. I've recently purchased a Shuttle SB61G2 system, in the first instance I utilised the onboard Intel Extreme 2 graphics set, but now wish to use my trusty G550!

No problems! Uninstall the drivers and software, bang in the G550 and... NOTHING!!

Okay, nothing isn't quite right! I do get to view the POST and the Windows XP loading screen. But once the dull intro jingle has been played then it's a definite NOTHING!!

I'm confused!!

Is this a sign of incompatiability? Has anybody else out there had problems and/or success with the same card?

The chipset used is the Intel 865G, is this known??

Many thanks in advance.

Will Windows boot in safe mode?
    Intel Celeron 1.0A @ 1.4GHz
    Crucial 384MB PC133
    Matrox G400Max
    JLMS LTD-165H 16x DVD
    Cyberdrive 36x12x48
    Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB
    Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Comment

Hello there!!

It does, but again my monitor simply goes into "standby" mode and clearly [or rather audibily] things are happening in the background, ie Windows is indeed running!?

I'm lost, dazed and confused...

Comment

That reminds me of when I had a system with Intel 810 mobo + onboard graphics.. if I didn't select the right option in the BIOS setup, it would display a picture right up until Windows finished loading, then it would go blank.

Is there an option in the BIOS to select onboard or add-on/external VGA card?
        Crucial 384MB PC133
        Matrox G400Max
        JLMS LTD-165H 16x DVD
        Cyberdrive 36x12x48
        Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Comment

There are indeed a number of settings in the BIOS with regards to the onboard VGA. I'll delve a little deeper and see if I can crack it!!

Comment

Although I've been unable to flash the BIOS, and as yet haven't had the opportunity to tinker with the BIOS settings either.

I did however get chance to stick an older G450 into the machine and without further ado Windows XP recognised and installed the drivers and everything looked lovely... problem is, it isn't my G450!!

I've read somewhere that the Intel 865 chipset and "some" Matrox cards don't quite see eye-to-eye, is this true? And if so, which cards in particular are fussy with this set? I ask as I'm kind of tempted at the thought of buying a P650...

Comment

Sorted!!

Shuttle BIOS flashed... job done, all is now fine and dandy.

Comment

Nice one
                Crucial 384MB PC133
                Matrox G400Max
                JLMS LTD-165H 16x DVD
                Cyberdrive 36x12x48
                Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Comment

Working...
                X