Blocky icons with ATI card ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocky icons with ATI card ??

Anyone care to explain why two machines running on the same monitor (Via a KVM switch) both with win XP and at the same resolution display icons at different sizes.

The machine with an ATI Radeon 9000 pro shows ceertain icons to be more blocky and oversized whilst the machine with a Matrox G400 Max shows smaller and more clearer icons.

I am new to non-Matrox cards so tell me is there really supposed to be so much of a difference?

both run win XP with the same settings.

Maybe there is a way to fix this ?
    Attached Files
    *** Matroxians Rule ***

What is your DPI setting for each card?

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
    ASUS A7N8X
    Corsair 1GB PC3200
    Parhelia 128MB
    EIZO L685EX

Comment

Hey this is really wierd but thanks for pointing me in that direction.

The DPI was set at 96DPI on both machines but I treid experimenting with different DPI settings on the ATI machine and when I selected custom DPI and set it to 100% the problem was fixed.

Its wierd because this was a new installation and I never selected any other DPI settings other than what windows chose by default. I didn't do anything different than the installation on the previous machine.

Oh well ! It's fixed now so I guess I should be happy now. I knew Matrox 2D graphics quality was better but I was correct in thinking that there should not have been this much of a difference.

Again thanks, I have learned a new thing because of this (I never messed with DPI settings before, there was never the need )
      *** Matroxians Rule ***

Comment

Working...
      X