Help with AVI 4 gig recording limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with AVI 4 gig recording limit

After much experimentation with my Matrox Marvel G450 eTV card, I have discovered that the best recording setting using PC-VCR is RGB 352x288 for PAL. The quality is great, but my only problem is that there seems to be a 4 gig limit on the size of the files I can record.
    Can anyone give me a practical solution that will allow me to record more than 4gig AVI files.
    I know the mpg settings allow for larger files, but I find the quality quite flickery.

Thanks

Re: Help with AVI 4 gig recording limit

Originally posted by muffkitten
    After much experimentation with my Matrox Marvel G450 eTV card, I have discovered that the best recording setting using PC-VCR is RGB 352x288 for PAL. The quality is great, but my only problem is that there seems to be a 4 gig limit on the size of the files I can record.
    Can anyone give me a practical solution that will allow me to record more than 4gig AVI files.
    I know the mpg settings allow for larger files, but I find the quality quite flickery.

Thanks
    You'd do better by posting this in the "Desktop Video" portion of the forums.

Also, you didn't post your system specs. But if you're using an eTV card, I'm guession you're on Windows 9x. That means you're using FAT32 filesystems, and FAT32 cannot handle > 4GB. You'll need to upgrade to an OS that can handle NTFS, or other large-scale filesystems.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks
      I'm on XP with NTFS filesystem.
      My specs:
      - AMP Athlon 1.7gig
      - 256 mb ram
      - G450 eTV video capture
      - 80 gig HDD
      - Asus A7N266VM Motherboard

Is there anything else I'm missing here?

Regards

Comment

Includes information on the 4 GB limit as well:

Domain for Sale. puremotion.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
        X