Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parhelia 128MB bulk for 250€, would you buy one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia 128MB bulk for 250€, would you buy one?

I want Parhelia in my upcomming workstation.

There's one selling locally in online auction for 250€:
    CONS:
    - bulk = lower clock (200MHz instead of 200)
    - no drivers
    - no receipt = no 3-year Matrox Warranty

PROS:
    - price - it's priced at 56% of what bulk retails here)
    - guy says, if I don't like the card, he can give me money back if I return the card in 2 days, it's about 50km away, so it's not a problem.
    - I don't have to cruise to Munich to get it.
    - It's sealed and has all the cables.

Other option is to go to Munich and get retail version for 380€ and collect VAT which brings it to 327€ (30% more than online, still 20% less than bulk here.)

Bulk version after VAT return wouldn't be much more in Munich (283€).

This way I get retail, higher clocked, receipt, warranty.

Bulk retails for 463€ here. (We have very high hardware prices, plug your 2nd hand deals here.)

What I want to know is not wether you'd get a Parhelia, but wether you'd buy a videocard you wanted under such conditions: 55% of price, no warranty.

But I could get it and play with it for a day and then return it.

Also, what are the chances of o'cing bulk to retail speeds?

Can one just flash the BIOS, or does it involve MTSTU or Powerstrip?

Comment

Nah, I wouldn't get it. No warranty, plus a really short return period. Also, you said a little travel can save you a lot of that inflated price.

Plus, if it's a workstation, P750? And if it's not a workstation, you never know how bad the banding could be on the Parhelia.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

A little travel would mean slightly (30 EUR) higher price, but warranty, receipt...

Comment

UtwigMU: I thing that €250 is to much. Since you are in Slovinia, why don't you buy Parhelia 128 (bulk) in Zagreb for €270, with Warranty, instalation CD (Reef demo and so on), all cables included?

It's like this: In TehnoMax (KingKross in Jankomir, Zagreb) they have 10% discount for cash from monday till thirsday 16-17h, and in that time it costs €330, but since you are crossing border, you can get VAT back (€60, if I calculated corectly), so you would pay Parhelia €270. Is it temting?

On the ather hand, if you can get Parhelia (retail) for €327 from Munich, it is temting. In Zagreb it costs €390 (minus VAT €70 it costs €320).
          Last edited by gpremec; 30 June 2003, 03:09.
          <font size="1" color="green">Holly: "Appreciate what vou've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"</font>

Comment

250€? Less than a P-750 in Germany? Sounds good to me .
            P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

Well regardless, I'm settling for new card with warranty.

Even though this means, I'll have to postpone my shopping till August.

Comment

Working...
              X