Q 4 TRV900 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q 4 TRV900 users

Sorry, this question is maybe out of scope of this forum but I know there is a few TRV900 users reading this forum.

What is the DV Editing in player menu good for and how does it work?

thanks

Ivan

I have to reply myself:

Was that question so stupid? I haven't got that camcorder and I'd like to know what purpose this menu option serves. And of course I was looking for that information on the web without succes.

Ivan

Comment

Ivan, not having a firewire card, I didn't think I could help you. However, your continuing pleas for help inspired me to look in my TRV900 manual.

The DV Editing option in the menu is simply a way of controlling synchro-editing between the TRV900 and another DV device (camcorder, deck). When this option is selected, the TRV900 would be the "master". If the TRV900 was connected to a firewire card, I would imagine that the computer would be in control and this DV Editing option would not be required.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. I just enabled this menu on my Sony 110E D8 camcorder.
        I've also found and enabled AEShift and Gain Shift menu (same as on TRV900). Menu controls works but it does nothing . Unfortunatelly, (yet). It's a question of time I hope.

One thing I don't understand. If I set AE shift for AE -3 for example. Does it set the aperture to value 3 positions to closed from position recomended by AutoExposure algorithm in "table" of possible aperture values? (I hope the question is clear.)

Ivan

Comment

Ivan, I believe you have the right idea. Of course it isn't just the aperture that may be affected, it could also be the shutter speed or the electronic gain. The AE shift control works the same way as changing the ASA setting on a 35mm film camera. All exposure functions remain automatic, but the exposure will be brighter or darker depending on which way the control has been moved.

It seems to be common for Sony camcorders to overexpose a notch or two. It's possible that all consumer camcorders are guilty of this, but I'm only familiar with Sony.

Comment

Working...
          X