Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Matrox P750??

Does one exist??

I have been looking on google, even this board. I found one link to a review at a site called iconic (or something like that) but the link does not go to a review - nor can i find one on the site in question.

Id like to read a bit about this card, mainly from the perspective of someone that owns one. I became interested in one when i realised id been buying "gaming" cards and not really making use of them - 90% of my PC usage is in Windows/apps. The main feature i need is the widest OS support and some good features/lowish price point.

Anyway if anyone has some links that would be great. Thanks!

- Robert
    Posted by Robert

CPU| Athlon XP 2200+ MEMORY| 512MB (DDR400) STORAGE| 82GB IBM UDMA100 DISPLAY| ATI Radeon AIW 9700pro OS| Windows Server 2003 (Standard Edition)

I waited for a review (and benchmarks ) a long time, but I've only seen one review in an german pc magazine (c't). Don't know anything online reviews, sorry.
    P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

P750 is roughly 50% speed of Parhelia, P650 about 10-20% slower than P650. Otherwise full Parhelia glory (minus the banding). P650 only has dual head and is passive cooled.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I didn't do any big benchmarks or stuff, but my G400MAX at home seemed faster than the P750 some people were messing with at work.

Comment

I have done the benchmarking hopefully today the gods give me some spare time.

The P750 defiantly is faster then the G550 - by a substantial margin. So it would be safe to assume it is faster then a G400Max.

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I swear Sasq if I see you using that "hopefully today the gods give me some spare time" line again for the 25th time, I'm going to slap you with a wet trout or something.

Get it out already, for great justice.

Comment

Easy on him - he was (a) working 24hr days last week (b) restoring MURC after the "glitch" in the Matrix.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thanks Gnep - for those of you that don't know The end of my current contract is up tomorrow (monday) last minute rush to get the job finished and out of the door.

Last week involved me staying 2 nights at the office, and spending 8+ hours there yesterday (sat) on top of the Matix (tm) glitch. I'm knackered. I've already released most of the info, but I need to re-run some of the ogl tests.

However this is going to be an intereactive review, so if you have any application specific questions/benchmark styles let me know.

Matrox Users are a mixed bunch and there is no way I can do a review that will suit everybody.

That said, basically so far its about 55% the speed of Parhelia, same great IQ, FAA is fixed (I'll grab some screen shots later) and no sign of Banding.

UT2K3 will not be playable in 1024*768 but should be find at 800*600 for the occasional gamer.

The dual hardware video overlay works nicely in MSP7.

And 3DMark2001SE it gets about 4450 marks without FAA and 2322 with FAA turned on. (Running at 1024*768 32-bit)

Any more questions?

Dan
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Like what harrdware you got thouse results on!
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Doh, keep forgetting I don't have my rig in my sig.
                    Was planning on full stats in the review.

XP2400+ (running at stock speed for this).
                    512MB generic 333Mhz DDR
                    MSI-746 Ultra mobo.
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

FAA is fixed
                      does that mean that it works correctly on ALL games, and antialiases ALL the edges?

if that is the case is there any reason left to use the traditional 4xfsaa? and is the relative performance loss the same as the parhelia?(is it still as effective as on the parhelia).

I would like you to analyse this closely in your review.

If matrox really perfected their 16xfaa, then they have a huge advantage next time they make a gaming card!
                      Last edited by TdB; 29 June 2003, 06:28.
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I can only see where I see it, give me the names and locations of a specific game/shot

Main place where i have noticed it at the moment is with 3DMark2001SE, car test. on P there are sections where the road/sholder doesn't FAA well, but there is not problem with the P750.

give me games/locations/settings and i'll see what i can spot

Dan
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

well, the parhelia had 16xfaa problems in quake 3 in dm13 on the grate floor below that wavey mouth texture, and in the all the levels with fog(for example the tourney level where you fight uriel in singleplayer, the one with yellow fog all over the place)

there were also cetain skyboxes in unreal tournament, where you could see the wireframe on the skybox, but i canĀ“t renember the affected leves, but I think it was one of the tournament levels the came with one of the bonus pack,(I tink it was called viwridian dreams or something).
                          16xfaa also seemed to break the lens flares in serious sam(for example the trainning level).

edit: post 1234!

Comment

I shall add that unto the things to look at
                            Juu nin to iro

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X