Win2K SP4 fixes of interest....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K SP4 fixes of interest....

There are a ton of 'em, but I found some of these particularly interesting for video;

KB article

263939 Disk Performance May Degrade Over Time

319588 Peripheral Hardware May Not Be Initialized During the Startup Process

320877 One-Hour Delay Occurs During Startup with a USB Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse

322377 Computer Is Unresponsive When Hibernating

329801 You May Receive a "Stop 0x1E" Error Message Intermittently in Windows 2000

811011 USB Storage Device Is Not Recognized After the Computer Resumes from Hibernation

326639 FIX: Asynchronous Notification Goes to Wrong 1394 Node

328885 CPU Utilization in Services.exe Increases to 100 Percent

328120 IEEE 1394 Device May Disappear When You Add New Daisy-Chain Devices

329847 Computer Displays a Blank Screen When You Resume from an S1 or S3 Power State After You Remove an IEEE 1394 Storage Device

319973 Universal Serial Bus 2.0 Support in Windows 2000

322302 Cannot Obtain an Interrupt Resource for a PCI-PCI Bridge Device (such as some RAID cards)

326180 100% Utilization of the Available CPU on Many Single Processor Computers

326429 The Windows Explorer Progress Bar May Be Misleading When You Move or Copy Large Files

I'm sure I missed a few, but only because the fixed list was so DAMNED long

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I have seen a few of these in my W2K SP2 installation but they are not that bad. I'm not going to update to SP4 right now, but I do wish I could fix the last one on this list. It happens all the time.

Comment

there is defenitly TOO long time between thr service packs
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

We need another service pack for Windows XP!

Comment

Worry not, Elie: We're getting one for XP late summer or early fall. WinXP SP2 Beta will release shortly.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I noticed another improvement that's not documented: If you use a SOCKS firewall over a third-party driver, such as Hummingbird Socks5, Internet Explorer now supports it transparently. Before service pack 4, you had to manually set the proxy settings in Internet explorer.
            Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Working...
            X