X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Camera setup!

I have one of these bad boys:

Sony DSC-F717 5 MegaPixels

I use a Lexar 128MB memory stick and I'm looking to move up to 512mb Memory Stick Pro when I get the cash for it. I have a USB 2.0 reader installed in my 3.5 drive slot for reading the memory sticks. My 32mb Memory stick became a chew toy for my puppy after he got a hold of it.

So what are you using?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Olympus C730
    3.2MP
    10x optical zoom
    takes smart media and the new olympus XD cards..

I have 2 128MB Smart media cards to go with it, on top of the 32MB card it came with.

picture quality is pretty decent, but it goes through batteries like crazy
    did not ship with rechargable batteries.. oh well
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

i see i am among pro's ... only got an IXUS v2 but it suits me well .. so tiny
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Nikon 4500 and Nikon 5000 with wideangle adapter
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Recently retired:
          Mamiya Press 6x7 and 645 backs
          Pentax 6x7
          14 assorted Leica and Kodak 35mm cameras from the 50s & 60 that were given to me about 10 yrs ago
          (I'll post Lens and body specs after I dig everything out of their bags another night - too lazy right now )
          Canon A1 & AE-1 plus a plethora of FD lenses
          Canon EOS 620

All fun to play with and take great shots, but pretty much relegated to museum pieces by now - I just mentioned them out of curiosity to see if anyone else still uses some old stuff

current
          Canon S10
          Canon Eos D30
          Canon EOS 10D
          Last edited by seether; 27 June 2003, 21:27.
          Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

GT98, I have the same Sony DSC-F717 setup with a 128M Lexar memory stick.

I also have the remote and filters:

Tiffen Enhancing Filter
            UV Filter
            Tiffen Circular Polarizing Filter
            Hoya R72 IR Filter
            Osawa ND 4X Filter
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Olympus C2000 and C3040.
              Lawrence

Comment

I gots me a perdy Logitech Quick Cam Express that sucks so bad it's only worth laughing about.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I was the lucky brother this time around.

My dad just recently upgraded to the same camera as GT98 & ALBPM. I got a hand-me-down Sony DSC-S85

It came with an extra battery, the 52mm adapter ring. UV filter, 0.7X Hi-Grade Wide Conv Lens, 1.4X Deluxe Telephoto Lens, and one of each memory stick from 8MB to 128MB.

Comment

Film, heavy camera bag, changing lenses, film, etc. had its day. Now I'm moving to all digital, traveling light, and able to do what I want to do, controling everything from input to output up to A3 prints in professional quality.

Canon Powershot G5, 5 Megapixel with Lexar 1GB 32X Pro CF, Canon Speedlite 420EX, additional lens adaptor with telephoto up to 245 mm and macro lens.

Canon Powershot G2, 4 Megapixel with 1GB Microdrive, for backup, partner (Iwant to take pictures too! Sniff!)

Canon CanoScan 9900F, flatbed, diapositive and negative scanning. Incredible for old film stuff. Unbelievable what you can get out of old slides, negatives and prints.

Canon BJC i9100 photo printer up to A3+ in professional quality. Stunning! Only limitation is that it is a dye printer, no fade up to 25 years. Pigment would be up to 75 years, but the reality is that nobody really knows.

Canon Photo Printer CP-100 for prints on trips.

Corel Graphics Suite 11, Photoshop and a bunch of other stuff I occassionally use.

Love it!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mutz; 28 June 2003, 04:39.
                    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                    Who cares?

Comment

Well... this is not really my camera setup... but rather like my Video setup...

I have an ATI DV Wonder for capturing video from my GR-DVM70U. Also, my shinny new Asus AGP-V9520 (GeForce FX5200 Video Suite) has VIVO capability, so I can connect it to my VCR for direct output.

The video suite is an excellent card IMO. It's good for casual gaming like me, and 2D isn't too bad after getting used to it...

and of course, my DV camera supports multi-media card, and I have a 32MB one inserted to it for still image. I have a SanDisk card reader used to read images from it.

Comment

Canon digital IXUS 300 + 5x64MB CF-Cards
                        Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

@Zokes - LOL
                          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                          Who cares?

Comment

Canon G3

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I just bought a Nikon Coolpix 2100 for my parents/sisters. I wanted a really easy camera for them to use that could produce good quality pics. It seems to be ok. My sister has it right now with her in the UK. She emailed me a few pics and some of them are a bit blurry. I guess the point and shoot mentality will not work here. Anyway from my tests the photos are quite good. Depending on the situation the auto image enhancements of the camera give the photo a "cartoonish" look but most of the times the outcome is really good.

I initially wanted to buy the Panasonic Lc33 but it was out of stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X