P750 triple head question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P750 triple head question

I'm pretty happy with my G450 cards and DVDmax TVout feature but....

The one thing I really really hate is the way the desktop blanks and flashes when the file DVDmax feature is playing is changed.

Does the P750 manage to avoid blanking and flashing the destop when the video playing on the TV out is changed?

--wally.

I agree with you, Wally, with my G-550. I thought it was a quirk with my system.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Don't notice any desktop flashing here when using WMP etc. to play to DVDMAX.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Its after you've played one and then switch to something else when the screen goes blank and then flashes the desktop back on. Its not subtle, when it happens you can't not notice it unless your eyes are closed, but even then with some monitors you can hear it!

--wally.

Comment

Nope, at least not with the P-750 or the Marvel G400-TV in the next system over. The only "flash" I see is the WMP window shuffling to the back as I bring Windows Commander forward after the play ends. The surrounding desktop is stable.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I still agree with Wally! BOTH screens go black for at least 1/2 second, then the one without the overlay comes on again. When I was working with CRT screens, it took some hundreds of millisecs to come back up again and settle down into synch, with the sounds that Wally mentions. Now that I have TFT screens, it comes back almost instantaneously. This isn't sporadic, but every time an overlay to screen 2 starts or stops. It IS bloody annoying.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
            X