Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a glitch in the (MURC) matrix?

What happened on Wednesday the 25th?

I have copies of threads that have gone backwards (lost a reply or two). Come to think of it, the other night I couldn't log on to the MURC site, which is very unusual indeed.

Spooky.
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

They moved our server - forgot to tell us.
    and the Automatic dns update didn't go through. If the dns update went through there would have been about 2 hours of potential lost posts, as it didn't go through everyone was using the old DB and the snapshot of the DB of course wasn't being updated.

sigh.

All fixed and back on track now, however the posts are mostly as good as gone. I have managed to get a backup of the old DB (with newer posts) so I can extract information if needed, but I am unable to merge the db's

Dan

Edit - I've been at work for 24 hours, if my english is a little off I do appologise
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

its not that important with the lost posts. the important thing is that murc is back on track

Comment

And thanks for you, Sasq. We wouldn't be here without you.
        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
        Who cares?

Comment

Hehe, actually you can also probably thank Gurm and JesterzWild (Dill as well) Dill for bugging them, Gurm for good cop (belive it or not) and JW for bad cop.

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Thanks sasq,

I can sleep easier now.

Hang on, what's that strange light in the sky outside my window...
            Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Working...
            X