Photo Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Forum

Well seeing as it looks like the thread died when the MURC went down just like to restate that I can host all the files for the Photo forum should you guys set one up.

I have 70GB so space is not an issue, neither is bandwidth really although obviously if you have your own space I would prefer you to use it.

Anyway let us know if it is needed and I will set up a nice upload page so that the MURC users can upload files.

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I already posted this before the forum got lost...

in response to saqs answer about limited bandwidth/storage & the photo plugin

why not store them external? maybe a murcer could donate some diskspace?

mfg
      wulfman
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

If only there was a murcer that would donate a little diskspace.

Comment

That was a bit of a shock when MURC went down. Thought maybe I did it with such a poll...

I wasn't thinking so much about a photo gallery as a digital imaging forum that works like the rest of the tech forums here. MURC is already a photo gallery of sorts in most forum topics and threads.

Let's call it a Digital Imaging Forum which includes cameras, photography, scanners, printers, etc. I don't think it would require much more space and bandwidth, if any, than what's running now. It would just be more focused and concentrated in one place.

Actually digital imaging is integral to the the whole purpose of MURC, but it just hasn't been treated as a individual topic.

So shall we start the poll again?
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

Yeah, start the poll again if you wish - put a pointer to the poll in the DV forum to maybe get their attention as well

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

OK we now have the Digital Imaging forum.

dbdg if you are still up for providing a little disk space it would be most appreciated

Comment

No problem, I will work on it today.

Comment

Upload page now up and working.

http://www.galleryof3d.com/site/murc/
                  Last edited by dbdg; 28 June 2003, 05:57.

Comment

Working...
                  X