The realities of home prices in the Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The realities of home prices in the Bay Area

This is not a joke folks. This is about as cheap of a house you can get in the bay area, ca. Don't laugh too hard.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

wow.. and I thought housing in ontario was sky rocketing
    I sure hope you can find something better for yourself !
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

That's crass.. but you really would fall over if you saw ordinary german house prices. Though of course you can't walk through walls here

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Given up of any chance buying a house over here. I can afford a garden shed though.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yup. London prices push things way out of my league on my own...
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I keep saying it can't go on but it does. It slows up for a while then surges on.
            I can get cheaper housing but either it wants rebuilding or it's in area where even the dogs go out in gangs and only in the day time. If you're lucky your house is still standing the next morning.
            Even renting is coming exspensive.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Wow, that is increbible. A similair house, maybe 200 sq feet more, with 2 acres of land in Idaho, is $36,000.

Sad huh? Of course here, lots are $55,000 for almost 1/4 of an acre in rural areas.
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I bet that price is about 90% for the property... sad but true.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

We have 1780 sq. ft. on the main floor ("L" shaped ranch), 1650 sq. ft. in a finished basement and a 2.5 car attached garage on 2 acres and it's only worth $120k

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Luckily, I bought a 1200sq ft house back in 1999 for $240K. It now appraises at $340K
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

i hate california.

haha .

i need to get over my phobia of that place now
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Doc, could you explain 2.5 car garage:

2 regular cars and European one or 2SUV's and spare gasoline can?

Comment

2.5 car garage means it's large enough for 2 cars plus a little extra room (generally). I've seen ones where the extra room was in between the spots for the cars, on either side, or in the rear of the garage.

California, no doubt about it, I will be forever grateful my parents got me out of that state shortly after I was born.
                          Last edited by Jessterw; 26 June 2003, 13:58.
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

You are all getting the wrong picture of California. Sure, the houses are expensive but for a reason. You cannot have better weather than here. This reason alone is why everyone moves here. Barely any humidty, tons of stuff to do, close to the coean yet close to the snow too. Or, you can drive 45 minutes to the city and then come back to your nice neighborhood in the suburbs. Lots of good paying jobs(most of the time).

Though, for every good there is a bad too. Schools are the worst(until college). More people are moving here so the attitude is getting worse. A lot of people have a "I'm better than you" attitude. Earthquakes, floods, fires, droughts, mudslides, and some of the worst laws on the books. Not to mention it is extremely expensive to live here.

Dave

Comment

the ocean is cold though!!!!!
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X