Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can u plug a Firewire HD into the Firewire ports on an rt2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u plug a Firewire HD into the Firewire ports on an rt2000?

Hi, yet another question frmo me about the rt2000.

I do part time work in a professional capacity, Corporate and promotional videos. And my boss buys a firewire hardwire for the bulk of each project. For me to access the drive. Would i be able to plug it into the firewire on the RT2000, <not as a regular setup obviously but just to transfer data to my own drives> or would i need a seperate pci card with a firewire port?

I only ask because i read something on the rt2000 forums, suggesting such a thing?

also saying this works.. is DV footage captured by a DV500, readable by the RT2000.
    Im assuming so because its just transfered data.. or is this totaly wrong???

thanks again for your help

Colin
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

I don't know why a Firewire drivd wouldn't work. Otherwise the DV ports work normally. The question is: why? Absent a lack of space in your case or the need for portability....

As for DV files working across the DV500 and RT-2000, I have no idea. The RT-2000 uses Type-2 DV files natively. Type-2 uses separate audio and video files. I *have* used Type-1 files on its timeline without any problems as well.

If you have a fast connection perhaps we would swap short segments for a tryout.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 19 October 2000).]

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the quick relpy i love this place.

Why?
      Well the main reason being ease and portability.. I work for an independent producer, juggling many eggs and projects in the air <dont we all> but the theory being, that for easch project he is contacted for he buys an external firewire drive to back up files on and save the final project too, so if 6 months down the line a copy or more often the best bits of it are wanted, it could be dropped back into the timeline easily. Also with regards to my fire wire ports.. I think what he has in mind is buying me an external drive for the next project.. Then at the end of it he can take it away with my clips and final project on there ready incase it needs to be used again.

IF it was upto me id master wmaking a DV with DV-IT.. But hey.. its his money.. i get a funky blue drive to play with and I think he has a fetish for collectig firewire hard drives.. Id love to swap clips.. but i only have a 56k modem.. Perhaps we could get some webspace and each upload a short 5 se capture, just to see if it would work..
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
      X