Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat 3.5's are out !

Ok, ppl the Cat 3.5's are out get them from www.ati.com

I wasn't too impressed tbh and I'm going back to the Beta drivers which imo are great
    Last edited by 3dfx; 23 June 2003, 14:12.

I have changed my opinion about these after properly removing the previos drivers from the registry and re-installing they are working great

Comment

Softmod for us Radeon 9500 ppl

http://www.maxdownloads.com/~ian/wizzard/

Comment

99% of people who have problems with each new iteration of ATI drivers... have not removed the previous drivers correctly.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

...The correct way to remove ATi drivers is "Format C:".... at least, that is the only way I got it to work. I still do not see why they can not simply make an installation program that simply replaces old drivers with new drivers (or better yet, that allows you to replace any set of drivers for any other).

edit: this is my 2^9th useless post!
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Drivercleaner seems to work quite well.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I posted a nice guide to getting rid of the catalysts over at Driver Heaven:

Can't link to it because you have to sign up to read the forums.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Of course ATI should do there own uninstaller that does the job properly. I wonder how they're getting on with it or have they given up on the idea.
                Can't see any improvements over the 3.4's to be honest. My advice is unless your having problems stick with the 3.4's.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

They removed their 3dmark optimizations from this release, and from what I read they also improved AA performance and fixed some bugs.

My advice is to wait 1 or 2 days for the omega release of these drivers

Comment

Looking at Rage 3D they re-introduced some bugs. But then there s a lot of noise over there.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X