Dumb security Police drop a major gaff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb security Police drop a major gaff

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Funny in one sense but shows how easy it can be to get around our aware security people.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sounds remarkably similar to a movie I once saw..

If it's innocent that's one thing, but that guy looks like he could really have been a terrorist.. what if he had had a bunch of C4 strapped to him and blew up the Queen? A pretty pathetic job by the security folks.. I doubt the U.S. Secret Service would have been even close to that lax.. (not meaning that in an insulting way to the Brits, but you could probably do much better.)

Comment

This isn't the first case of lax security round the royals. Remember the guy who actually got into the Queen's bedroom in Buck House and woke her up?

KvH: your post would have been better without "looks like he". There is no physiognomy for terrorists. But it could have been Osama himself!

As for the USSS, consider that no Brit sovereign has met a violent end since Charles I in 1649, and he was "legally executed". Can you say the same for US Presidents? Even as late as 30 March 1981, Hinckley shot Reagan in the chest, although he survived. I wonder how history would have been different with George Bush Sr taking the reins if he had been killed.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

This country isn't really serious about security. I can walk into almost any lab in the university without anyone checking my ID. One funny one was in the local hospital where myself and a collegue were working and needed to get across to another building for the next job.
        The bridge across was on a swipe card and Medical people only alllowed through. We just stood there and waited for the next doctor to walk through and followed him through. No challenge or anything. The hospital is also a maternity hospital.
        I've worked on doctors pc's with medical records with out any check on my identity.
        I wonder how many terrorist attacks would be needed before we changed our actions.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X