MP3 Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Editor?

I have some MP3 files I'd like to cut/edit and do stuff with. Is there any good MP3 audio editing software? Basically I want to try to avoid uncompressing the file to wav, doing the editing there, and then having to recompress back to MP3 due to loss in the recompression.

mp3directcut ... google will show you the way.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

But of course you can't really "do stuff" with that - just cutting and merging. For anything else you'd need recompression anyway.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Try Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net

It's a pretty good free audio editor and can read/write/edit a lot of different formats.
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Any editor is going to decompress/edit/compress.

It might do it on the fly, or without showing you, but it's gonna get done anyway.

So you might as well do it yourself, with the best tools, to make sure that it is done right. Non?

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Yes. For simple splitting/merging needs, get mp3cut, and for editing, get WaveLab, CoolEdit, or GoldWave.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Actually for editing the best is SoundForge
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've got a couple things I just want to cut some stuff off of and merge, so that mp3cut looks like it'll be good. Other things I want to do some modification to the wave itself, so I'll take a look at those other things mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                X