Obtrusive advertising of the unwelcome kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtrusive advertising of the unwelcome kind

Advertising on TV, Radio is alright as you can turn it off. But what you can't turn off is a aeroplane circling round at 9.30 Sunday morning.
    The noise at time was deafening and I'm pretty sure it would annoy poeple to enougth to stop them from shopping at the damn place.
    After twenty minutes it pissed off annoying other people in the town.
    Pity I don't have an ack ack gun.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Under Part III of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, as amended by the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993, local authorities have a duty to investigate a complaint of noise or other nuisance (including smoke, fumes, accumulations, deposits, odours etc) from premises (land and buildings) and vehicles, machinery or equipment in the street.

If a local authority's environmental health officer is satisfied that problem complained about amounts to a statutory nuisance then the authority must serve an abatement notice on the person responsible or in certain cases the owner or occupier of the property. The notice may require that the noise or nuisance must be stopped altogether or limited to certain times of the day. Thus, the nuisance should be abated and failure to comply the terms of an abatement notice can result in substantial fines.

As an aircraft is a vehicle, you have cause for complaint.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Pity you can't buy fireworks all year round here.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
        Pity you can't buy fireworks all year round here.
        But you can buy model rockets all year round right?
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Genius!
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
            http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/noise/statute.htm

Under Part III of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, as amended by the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993, local authorities have a duty to investigate a complaint of noise or other nuisance (including smoke, fumes, accumulations, deposits, odours etc) from premises (land and buildings) and vehicles, machinery or equipment in the street.

If a local authority's environmental health officer is satisfied that problem complained about amounts to a statutory nuisance then the authority must serve an abatement notice on the person responsible or in certain cases the owner or occupier of the property. The notice may require that the noise or nuisance must be stopped altogether or limited to certain times of the day. Thus, the nuisance should be abated and failure to comply the terms of an abatement notice can result in substantial fines.

As an aircraft is a vehicle, you have cause for complaint.
            Sounds good in principle but to get any one to do anything is near impossible. I've got more chance winning the London marathon. Normally it isn't a problem so I presume the aircraft is need of some maintenance.
            It should also be in the companies interest to sort the plane out as pissing potential customers off isn't a good idea.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

So it's settled, model rockets it is!
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Ahh, the last time I used one of those, it hit me in the head.

Comment

did you glue the fins on sideways or something?
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

ROFL! Let's just examine the blast plate for a sec... *pushes button* AHH MY FACE!

Comment

Forgot the metal launch rod at home. Thought to myself: Self, it couldn't possibly head right for us now could it. It started to rise and self and I thought oh shit. My mind went from 60 fps to 2000. I don't know how but self and I managed to pick our legs up off the ground and go into a freefall. Self and I fell less than half a foot before it hit. If self and I had not fell the 6 inches, we could be blind or partially blind in our right eye. Oh well, you got to live and learn. Thankfully self and I did not get more than a strong ache on my forehead from the rocket ricocheting of my head. Thankfully it was only a 1/4 A3 engine.
                      Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 22 June 2003, 20:58.

Comment

Working...
                      X