Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding a webpage to a table/cell/frame???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a webpage to a table/cell/frame???

I know I can add a link to a table/cell/frame, but what about the actual webpage? I am a novice when ti comes to html. I just use frontpage and make the occasional source code change. Any help would be much appreciated

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Well, I figured out what I wanted to do. I was bored today so I decied I wanted to embedd html into my desktop. Pretty cool actually. You can add whatever you want to your desktop like bookmarks, webpages, links, etc...

To embedd a web page, you do this:

Embedding a Web Page

To embed a web page in the large empty center area, once again open Display Properties, and go to the Desktop tab. This time, select Customize Desktop and click the Web tab. Click the New button, then type in the URL of the web site you want to embed.

When you exit the dialog, the web window will pop up on your desktop. You should be able to resize it and position it by clicking the edges of the page and dropping and dragging. If you can’t do this, you can right-click an empty area of the desktop, and go to Arrange Icons By, and uncheck Lock Web Items. Move and resize the web page until you are satisfied with its placement, then recheck Lock Web Items.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

This is what my dekstop looks like now. I am not finished but jsut wanted to throw stuff up. Don't mind the clutter. The 3 big icons at the bottom are all linked to something. You get the idea.

Dave

Comment

It does work OK, but be careful as it can really slow your machine down...
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I'm starting to dislike the webpage being on the screen. It only refreshes at vertain scheduled intervals. And if you click a link, it opens a new webpage isntead of using the embedded one. I am thinking the idea is cool to have some html on the screen, but just enough to make life easier

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X