Dead Parhelia coming back to bite me in the ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Parhelia coming back to bite me in the ass

Ok I sold my dead Parhelia to someone on ebay for $157 bucks. Back a couple days ago I get a nasty email telling me that the card is damaged and a crappy low res photo showing one of the Caps (I think thats what it is) near the back of the card, chipped off. The guy wants his money back, but I insured the card for $150 bucks for him and told him to claim it with the Post Office. He's giving me a hard time about making the claim since the package wasn't damaged. I'm I doing the right thing or should I give the ****head his money back?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Was the card damaged before you sent it?
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I don't get it, you sold a dead Parhelia and the guy knew it was dead when he bought it and now wants his money back because it's dead, or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
        Was the card damaged before you sent it?
        Nope it wasn't pyscially damaged. Just didn't work in Windows.

Comment

Well, if what you say is true than you shouldn't have to deal with this, no matter how hard it's going to be for him to claim damage on it. (imo)

Comment

Um, you sold him a dead parhelia.
            now he wants his money back because it IS dead?

Any shipping damages would have to be paid by the shipper.
            Tell him to claim the money from the shipper and put the card back on ebay again.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

did you advertise that it was dead?
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

tell him to F' off

Comment

Hold up. I'm confused. He knew it was "dead" when he bought it? And he still paid $157? Did he think he could fix it or something? Or just use it for a spare DOS card? (Pretty expensive DOS card!)

Given a "yes" answer to all of the above, then he should definitely file a damage claim with the post office (if it isn't too late. Some shippers have a strict time limit for claims).

Personally I'd give him his money back just to get him out of my hair and not have to deal with it (AND to avoid negative feedback!).

Kevin

Comment

nah, if you advertised that it was faulty AND he still bought it then its his problem. Ifyou are sure that the cap was ok when you sent it, then refer him to the PO.
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

heres the listing:

The cap was intact as you can see in that photo...it was the second one down on the right hand side of the card he was claiming was damaged.

I already got left neg feedback so the damage is done...oh well.

Comment

You said "As is", it's his own damn fault for being a retard and you got a bad review, yehaw.

Comment

What kind of idiot would buy a "Dead Matrox Parhelia" for $157.00??

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            What kind of idiot would buy a "Dead Matrox Parhelia" for $157.00??
                            I know I know!!! A rich idiot?

Comment

Here's the Email back from him:

I showed the item and the packaging to someone who works at the post office.
                              They say it was not wrapped sufficiently for the type of item it is. You should have used a box at least 2 times bigger with some kind of bubble wrap. They also tell me that that alone would void any insurance claim, and filing it would only waste both our times. I attached a picture of the damage which clearly shows what is broken.

You can do the right thing and refund the money, or I'll keep pursuing it on my end.
                              And my reply back:

I don't care if you showed it someone you know in the post office. I want a claim filed though the post office with PROOF that it has been done. Your Claim though Ebay won't go anywhere since if you noticed that I mentioned that the card was already DEAD and was sold in "as-in" condition, without any warranty etc.

Heres the damaged photo also
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X