Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New flash game: Defend the castle!

This shouldn't be as fun as it is.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

That's cool, if a little easy at the beginning - but still kind of hypnotic
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Just the beginning? I found from Stage 15 onwards to be even easier. Less wrist movement required.

Stopped at Stage 25 with 687430 spendable points, and a Total Score of 1774110. 110+ in both Firing Range and Wizards, with around 70+ for engineers.

Ah well, the things an unemployed graduate will do to pass the time.

J1NG

Comment

damn J1ng!
        nice scoure.....btw how does buying all that stuff help you?

Comment

So long as I am at work then I will not be able to play. Damn Win2K machine with NO rights.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Get the temple first. You can then create some converts with it from the enemy. These are used in the other buildings.

The Firiing Range is the next item you should buy, it stops some of the incoming invaders. Put you converts into it. You only need around 30 units to have an effective force.

By this this you should have some spare points to buy some fortification.

The engineers buliding effectively repairs your castle without having to wait till the end of the stage Get about 4 and you should be fine till around Stage 17. By which 20 will do fine.

Buy more fortification.

Finally, get the mana pool, train LOTS of wizards and start blowing the enemy up. And when you've reached the 40 Wizards mark, start using the convert spell on the enemy and boost your ranks.

The explosives is real crap. Get it last only to complete the collection of buildings

Uh, Stage 27, with 606968 spendable points, 2256340 score, 150000 fortification points on the castle, 250 wizards, 250 firing range, and 150 engineers. I don't even need to do anything now.

J1NG

Comment

gerat game. but i cant convert people, and i am starting do feel pain in my wrist how do you do it?

oh well, i figured it out
              Last edited by M|x; 20 June 2003, 08:02.

Comment

why do i keep on loosing all my units???

Comment

Yeah, I got to ~level 12 or so... I had 30archers, 10wizards and 5engineers or whatever...

I couldn't pick up any of the giant men and had to resort to blasting them... When the level ended the castle had no damage, but ALL of my men bar one archer was dead.... The next round was impossible to complete after that....
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Ahem.

You lose all units because upkeep is subtracted BEFORE your bonuses from last level are added.

So each level, you have to leave yourself enough money for what you THINK will be your upkeep next turn.

Good news: Upkeep is fixed per-unit.

Bad news: Adding a buttload of guys mid-level because they start throwing more at you will cost ya.

- Gurm, bored at around level 30.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

ta - although having all the items has made the game loose it's appeal... What are you supposed to do with the big baddies?
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Blow 'em up, convert 'em, or let your archers shoot 'em.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, after you've reached Stage 20~25 with enough fortification, engineers and archers, you really don't need to do anything else.

J1NG

Comment

im at level 32 now. havent really done anything for the last 6-7 levels. my castle has 300.000 fortification points kinda boring. it just runs in the background.

i like those suicide people. blowing their own up

Comment

Actually, they are getting hit by your archers. When done so, instead of just dying, they explode, killing everyone in the vincinity.

As I said, even at Stage 25, you don't need to do anything.

J1NG

Comment

Working...
                              X