turning upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning upside down

Is there anyway of turning the picture on screen upside down? I ask because I want to ceiling mount a projector that doesn't have a ceiling mode (Sony VPL-CX1)
    Oh, and I'm running it from a Videologic Vivid XS!
    Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by dave m; 19 June 2003, 05:52.
    Don't make me angry...

I read somewhere that Ultramon could do this...

(I don't use Ultramon, so I cannot confirm)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

So having people sit upside down is not an option?
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Or mounting it hanging the right way up in a cradle fixed to the ceiling?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

No
          and no, it's a smaller projector designed to sit low and throw the picture up, and keystone correction can only be applied upards as it were. So if I mounted it the right way up most of the picture would be on the ceiling, and if I slanted it down to compensate I couldn't correct the keystone (not strictly true, I can do it in Dscaler, but not PowerDVD).

I'll check out that website, thanks for the comments so far

Dave
          Don't make me angry...

Comment

Lupa2:

(again, no personal experience, just a find on Google)

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'll look at that one too, thanks
              Don't make me angry...

Comment

I had a joke program that did this.. it was called something like a-class.exe

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

But I'd strongly doubt that this joke program would also affect overlays
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Can be done with the control panel on some ATI cards, activate the display rotaion tab(rage3dtweak) and choose whatever orientation you want...

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                      Can be done with the control panel on some ATI cards, activate the display rotaion tab(rage3dtweak) and choose whatever orientation you want...
                      I was just about to suggest that if he owns an ATi card. But i dont remember (not at home) if the Rotation tab has an option to flip the image, or just to rotate it.
                      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I'd agree that these desktop programs probably won't affect overlays, which would be a problem. I'm using a Videologic Vivid XS!. The ATI aspect might be worth looking into. At the risk of starting world war 3, can anyone suggest which would be comparable in image quality to what I've got, fps not being too much of an issue.

Dave
                        Don't make me angry...

Comment

I know, I should search myself, but it's been a long day,

This is an ATI card I believe, will it picture flip for me?

Only it's cheap and I can afford it

MSI MX440-TD8X Lite AGP8X/64MB/TV Out/DVI-I/ Retail Box Videocard

Dave
                          Don't make me angry...

Comment

This is not an ATI card but a nVidia GF4 MX440 one. I don't know if nVidia supports screen rotation...

screen rotation is not officially enabled in the ATI drivers - you need to change a reg-setting (manually or via one of the tweakers) for the rotation tab to appear in the Control Panel.
                            I've just tested it: the ATI supports rotation of the overlay as well (and since you rotate the beamer when ceiling mounting it, you in fact need a rotation of the screen, with a simple upside-down flip the right and left side would be exchanged.)
                            Last edited by Indiana; 21 June 2003, 07:30.
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

nvidia i think has a option in the newer drivers.. under nview where you can rotate or tilt but upside down not sure .. but you can give it a go..
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X