windows server 2k3 and parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows server 2k3 and parhelia

I recently installed windows server 2003, and while the drivers installed with no problems, the powerdesk did not. I figured that it was because the .NET framework that is installed by default is 1.1 on server 2k3, so i went ahead and installed the original .NET framework, because if both are installed, i should be able to use powerdesk right? Well maybe I did something wrong, but I haven't been able to get powerdesk working at all...

any help would be appreciated, and i know it is hard since not many people out there have server 2k3 running.

edit: I'm running the latest drivers for XP, btw
    Last edited by mungu; 17 June 2003, 14:21.
    -mungu

"She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?"

Waiting for Parhelia official driver release for WinServer 2003.
    ASUS A7M266-D, 2 x Athlon MP 2000+, Viking 1G PC2100 ECC Reg, LSI MegaRAID Elite 1600 SCSI RAID, 4 x Seagate Cheetah 15k 18.4G HDs RAID 0, Barracuda 7 ATA 200G HD, Matrox Parhelia 256M, Antec True Power 550W power supply, Swiftech & Zalman watercooling & Cooler Master ATC-410 SX-1 Aluminum Server Case

Comment

ah ok, so i guess i gotta wait for that.... hopefully that will work with the 1.1 version of .NET
      -mungu

Comment

did you check that hardware acceleration is not turned off?

if it isn't completely enabled the PDesk won't work, at least the tray-icon won't show.

Check the Task Manager to see if it's loaded.

ciao, ivan
        <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

oh yeah i never even thought about that. I know by default it is turned off in ws2k3. I'll try it out a little later, thanks for the tip
          -mungu

Comment

Don't forget to activate Direct3d and Directdraw in DXDIAG too.
            <font size="-4">User error:
            Replace user and try again.
            System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
            System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
            </font>

Comment

Simply install .NET 1.0 and then .NET 1.0 SP2 on top of it. The .NET framework versions are designed to work together on a single system (Side by Side Versioning). Then PowerDesk will work, no re-install necessary.

Good luck
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

I have it working with .NET 1.0 without SP2, all i had to do was enable HW Accel.
                -mungu

Comment

Well, it would probably work without the service pack, but I try to keep things up to date
                  Peter Aragon
                  Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Some games will try to install DirectX even if 2k3 has it already installed.
                    I did install DX9 and it caused the computer to freeze with every DirectX game and I was unable to fix it, so I went back to win2k again.

And Peter is right, applying the latests patches is always a good idea and more with M$ products

Glad you have it working!

btw that sentence in you sig She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?, is it from a movie or something? it's a good one

ciao, ivan
                    Last edited by drslump; 18 June 2003, 11:54.
                    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

I haven't really tried any games yet, haven't had the time. Maybe this weekend I will get a chance to try it.

I dont remember where i got the quote from, i think i read it on some joke website or something. It's not a movie, i don't think.
                      -mungu

Comment

Working...
                      X