Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What TV Should I get for Dual-Head Gaming, editing, tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV Should I get for Dual-Head Gaming, editing, tv?

I'm trying to set up a little studio here in my room, I've picked out a nice JVC S-VHS VCR with S-Video in and out, etc. I need a good TV too, so I'd like to know what people here are using/want to use. Thanks.

In a word, Sony. They exhibit the best tonal quality of any TV I've seen (get a good one, I won't recommend a particular model). Sony is well known in the pro video production industry as the clear winner and used everywhere. Second choice would be a high end Panasonic with it's black screen. Color saturation is ultra good and resolution not bad. Best thing to do is go have a look see for yourself. Once you've narrowed down what you want, make sure they test it and meets your satisfaction at the store first.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I wouldn't spend a lot on a high end TV as NTSC is supposed to go away is a few years for HDTV -- although the broadcasters appear to be doing some serious foot-dragging and lobbying to get the date pushed back.

I'm partial to Toshiba for bang/buck in 25-36" screen sizes. I've been impressed by some of the Samsung models I've seen at Best Buy, and they are amoung the cheapest available in a given size.

--wally.

Comment

I certainly agree its almost never worth repairing a TV set.

Our Toshiba is ~5ys old and still doing fine. If it hangs in there a few more years NTSC will be moot.

--wally.

Comment

wkulecz... Toshiba's look nice (especially for the price) but they have crappy crt's... I've seen many that made it just passed their warranty period, have the electron guns short. When that happens, it's best to chuck it out the window and buy anew. The price for a replacement crt (not including labor) typically exceeds the cost of a new tv.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I just bought a Sony WEGA 24-inch flat screen TV tonight, very nice but haven't figured out how to get it working right with my games as a '24-inch monitor' - I think it has to do with the refresh rate.

Comment

Working...
            X