Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with P750 and Hauppauge WinTV on XP

Hi all,

Just slapped in the WinTV card from Hauppauge and every time I log in, the screen res drops down to 800x600.

Any ideas anyone?

Something to do with 'overlay mode' maybe not available on higher resolutions perhaps?

Cheers,

Taliska
    Gigabyte GA-8KNXP, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 1Gbyte DDR400 RAM
    Matrox P750, Matrox RT.X10
    2x Maxtor 120G & 1x 300G SATA drives, Panasonic DVD-RAM drive
    Windows XP Pro, Premiere Pro 7.0

Hauppauge WinTV compatible cards:

Comment

sounds like a driver issue.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeh crappy wintv drivers. Which card is it ???
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have a a WinTV PVR 250 running under Window XP Pro with two CPUs and a G400 Max. Once I installed the new Hauppauge drivers, I have had no problems. I'm running two monitors and the TV display will only work on the primary display. I hope this helps.

Comment

You might want to install the drivers, but use something else for viewing than that crappy WinTV application - which might well cause problems too..

I use FreeTV. No Frills, very fast channel switching, text decoder.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hey Az, do you have a link for FreeTV?

I'm using Dscaler atm much much better than that crapy WinTV application.
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
                Hey Az, do you have a link for FreeTV?

I'm using Dscaler atm much much better than that crapy WinTV application.
                Funny although Dscalar says my card is compatable when I run the software it always says cannot find a compatable TV chip.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Which Tv-card do you have, I'm even using the latest alpha version (4.1.6) no problems at all.
                  Last edited by KeiFront; 18 June 2003, 11:28.
                  Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Sorry, I meant MoreTV, not FreeTV. Both had a analog pay TV decoder (illegal, of course), the version I have a download link for doesn't contain that decoder though.

It's not as sophisticated as dScaler (no kind of deinterlacing, for instance), and I only have a download link for the german version (don't know if there is an english one), but since it's a very simple program, that shouldn't be a problem. Just ask if you don't know a word, or use http://dict.leo.org/

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It took me some time to setup but I got it running, the Teletext decoder is great. But I already encountered some less good aspects of the program e.g. sounds keeps running when you close the program, etc (and no english version ). But overall it's great, a small easy to use TV-decoder.

Comment

Working...
                      X