Strange problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problem

Windows 98 Novell Client Office 2000 and mail merge.
    The files concerned are on the University network. When the user meges a file for editing word stops and you can't edit the document. Click on print and then cancel it you can edit the document.
    I've patched it to latest service packs in case it was a bug. No differance. Removed the virus checker as I've had that cause strange problems in the past. The network downloads files at rate 500mb's so it's not the network unless it's corrupting packets or something daft.
    I think I'll blow office away and re-install it tomorrow. Unless anyone else has any ideas.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Cleaned out office and re-installed still the same.

However I've noticed that the new merged document isn't the active document. Anyway to get it to do this???
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have noticed some strange things happen with documents on novell servers occasionally.
      I think it may be due to the time on the server being different from the client and they keep locking out becuase it keeps thinking something has modified.

If it occurres I just copy the document and edit it localy

Comment

An idea no one I've spoken seems to know.
        One problem other users may have to access the document. We're also depending on the user to remeber to update the network document.
        Thanks for the suggestion though.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X