Do you think, we're going to see P8x this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think, we're going to see P8x this year

Well 3D 3dcenter.de suggested it in the Q1 already.

Rivastation suggests that there should be novelties this year.

http://www.rivastation.com/cgi-bin/newsp_e/search.cgi?category=1&keyword=matrox]link[/URL]

Novelties will make their appearance later this year." ((c) by X-bit Labs)
    So do you think, we'll see Parhelia 8x or other refresh this year or nothing untill next year, when Millennium P850 with Headcasting 2.0 will take corporate desktops by storm?

???

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

think he's talkin bout 8x AGp :-)
      Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

From my standpoint I believe that the curent parhelia is costing too much money to produce so it would be expected that Matrox are working on a way of making it cheaper and more powerful. As a Side effect I think we will see that 'banding effect' disappear, and get 8x AGP.

Most likely I see them trying to turn their 4*4 architecture into a 4*2 with a increase in core clock. The memory controller will probably have some work done to it to make better use of its bandwidth.

Basically we are talking something akin to what ATI did to the 9500pro to make it a 9600pro.

That is what I think.

It is a shame Matrox lost their tradition. The g100 was the fist card on the market to use AGP. The g200 was the first card to use AGP 2x, G400 first for 4x. ATI beat them with 8x though.

Comment

Don't hold your breath.. and LOL to the headcasting comment

Comment

They lost their "tradition" with the G400, because the #9 SR9 was the first AGP4x card.

Comment

Thanks bsdgeek. I did think the g400 was the first 4x card but oh well. Yeah I meant 'Tradition'.

Hope they can beat ATI and Nvidia to PCI-express. But I doubt it.

Comment

Matrox will die soon (tm) with politics like that :/
                A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

IIRC Med boards are PCI express already.

Comment

Working...
                  X