MJPEG avi's no longer play ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG avi's no longer play ....

I am having big problems with my G400-TV card. Everything was working fine until one day I thought I would play some of my videos through. Except they won't play anymore.

All the files are MJPEG and used to play perfectly out to TV but now it looks like I am trying to run them on a 486PC or something. Sounds plays but I get about 1 frame/sec if I am lucky.

Strangely though, videos that I created with my old (3 years ago) RRS & Mystique still run fine!

I have completely uninstalled/re-installed the drivers/video tools etc but this does not help.

The only other thing I have done recently is downloaded Media Player 7. Could this be the culprit?

Help!

Andrew

P.S. MPEG1 files still play fine. Only MJPEG ones seem to be affected.

Could be. I installed MP7 and it played hell on my system.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I think I'll put it down to MP7 then. Looks like another Win98 re-install!

It's not even that great really!

Andrew

Comment

Just uninstall MP7. I had similar problems with my G200 with RR-G

Vic
        (also in Chelmsford!)
        ...Formerly Vic but my password doesnt work ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by Vic20:
          Just uninstall MP7. I had similar problems with my G200 with RR-G

Vic
          (also in Chelmsford!)
          How did you uninstall MP7? I have tried using the add/remove progs route which appears to load a specific un-install program for MP7 which seems to work except that MP7 is still there and won't go away!

Andrew

Comment

I am having the same problem with MPEG video. Everything was fine until I ran MP7. Now I get <1 Frame/Sec. I have uninstalled MP7 and I am running the old one (*) and I still have the problem. My only guess is a library was changed with MP7 and not changed back to the origonal one.

I am going to try the standard Windows solution; whipe and re-install. Ahhh!

* I uninstalled MP7 with Add/Remove programs in the controll panel and I installed the origonal from the Windows CD.
            If it doesn't work the first time, reboot and try again.

Comment

Me too....bye bye win98 again.

Only the second time in 1 year so I suppose that it not bad going. I certainly won't be installing MP7 again thats for sure!

Andrew

Comment

I now have Win2000 & Win98 installed. Everything now works with win98 but win2k does not seem to play back mjpeg avi's perfectly. The picture sort of shimmers as if it is somehow being de-interlaced although the video picture on the monitor is fine...it's just output to the tv that is affected.

I'll be using a clean win98 install from now on for video work and no MP7!

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                X