G.W. Bush Pulls Federal Funding for the Segway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.W. Bush Pulls Federal Funding for the Segway

President Bush is pictured in this combo image falling off a Segway personal transporter on the front driveway of his parents' summer home June 12, 2003 in Kennebunkport, Maine. Bush arrived from Washington to spend the weekend with his father, former President George Bush, who celebrates his 79th birthday today and his mother Barbara. Bush was not injured in the fall. REUTERS/Jim Bourg
    :P LOL
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

That scooter is insidiously evil, methinks. "Revolutionize walking"? People are fat enough without taking this basic exercise away. Also, the thing just reeks of yuppie excess. Yuck.

Comment

He probably tried to use it without turning it on. I've seen that happen at Innovations in Epcot.

Comment

ROFL.

Yep. It has to be ON for you to get on it and balance.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

was he trying to play tennis while riding that scooter?

It looks like he was serving a ball when he ... well... kind of fall down.
          <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Originally posted by drslump
            ..It looks like he was serving a ball when he ... well... kind of fall down.
            Despite what I think of him, I realy do think it's still "balls" with an 's' that it looks like came close to being served.
            Ouch!
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

These things seem to me ideal for a robot-mobility platform.

If this thing can balance itself on two wheels, can Rosie the Robot, balancing on one wheel, be far behind?

Kevin

Comment

Last edited by Guru; 14 June 2003, 02:51.
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

whaddyaknow he can do it!

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                    whaddyaknow he can do it!

Well sure, if by "do it" you mean run over the flower bed.
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

maybe he thought it's a lawnmower
                      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

On Topic: Has anyone here ridden a Segway?

Even more On Topic: Did anyone here get it right the first time they rode a bicycle?

I thought not.
                        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                          On Topic: Has anyone here ridden a Segway?

Even more On Topic: Did anyone here get it right the first time they rode a bicycle?

I thought not.
                          Still doesnt take away from the fact that its funny I would be laughing at anyone that did that...just that its GW Bush makes it all the more funny!
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The same crew that makes fun of this likely made fun of or were inspired those who made fun of Jerry Ford when he fell so often.

Unfortunately these people didn't take into account that his knees were shot from playing football and it was before modern artificial knees were developed, so it wasn't clumsiness but a real physical disability.

Also unfortunate was that this kind of mindless ridicule during an election cycle (which was in no way accidental) helped give us James Earl Carter, who during his "administration" set the stage for the return of the Ayatollah Khomeini and the rise of the Iranian terrorist state

It's called the law of un-intended consequences....

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 June 2003, 21:23.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, the press took it too easy on the crippled liberal democrat FDR, who was so sick he had no business running the country in 1944, and was so pathetically ill at Yalta, Stalin just walked all over him and got his way with eastern Europe.

This was, however, before honor had been eliminated from our society, a process FDR himself helped to accellerate.

Comment

Working...
                              X