Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Brinkley and Gregory Peck Dead

Hmm wonder whos gonna be number 3
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

David Brinkley died at home at age 82 from complications due to a fall. What a terrible way for such a great man to go....

Brinkley was considered the one of the premiere broadcast journalists of his time, during which he covered Presidents from Franklin Roosevelt to Bill Clinton before his retirement in 1996.

One of his more controversial moments was also one of the great moments of honesty in news journalism. This came about on election night 1996 when Bill Clinton's electoral vote count cinched the election; whereupon Brinkely called Clinton a "bore" and predicted "four more years of goddamned nonsense."

Little did he know

He leaves his wife, Susan, and four children. One of his sons, Alan, won an American Book Award for historical writings and another son, Joel, who won a Pulitzer Prize for journalism. Sounds like genetics counts for something.

The ABCNEWS' "This Week" Sunday news-talk-debate program has not been the same without him.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 June 2003, 11:15.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The 3rd went today.
      Hume Cronyn passed at the age of 91.
      A Tony award winning actor, mostly known for his roles in the 40s and 50s, but familiar to those who have seen the "Cocoon" movies of the 80s, and "The World According to Garp"...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Dammit Kruzin you beat me to it.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X