Daemon tools gripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools gripe

Just figured I'd let you guys know what I dealt with last night. I needed to burn a BIN file. So i tried to burn it as an image. It burned, but I couldn't view the contents of the disc.

So a friend suggested mounting the BIN with Daemon Virtual CD thingy. I installed some age old version, and it hated XP, so I installed a newer one (I had no option to uninstall the old one). Click on My Computer...golden. So I use the sys tray program to mount the BIN file to the new "CD ROM" drive I have in My Computer. I view the contents of the drive, everything is kosher.

Fire up Nero to do a disc copy, and boom...it no longer reports my Lite On as a burner.

I was too tired to bother w/ it last night, but gotta attack it soon. I'm thinking reinstalling ASPI is a good first bet? Any input?

why dont you just use 'burn image' in nero? suports*.iso, and *.bin. the last-mentioned needs a *.cue file

Comment

take the .bin file and rename it .ISO, if you dont have a cue fle - for some reason it seems to work with me 9 time out of 10.....

I use daemon tools 3.29 - never a bother.....

the old ones used to insert a file into your system or system 32 directory - check for files planted there.... I havent heard of it blowing a burner before (I have a goldstar cd rw here - no problems....

RedRed
      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Are you sure Nero is trying to use the right drive?
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Lucid - There is no selectable burner

M|x - I didn't have a .cue for the .bin

RedRed - I'll give that a shot once I get my burner working again.

Comment

You can create your own CUE files.
            Just look at an existing one for help with the format.

FYI, i use ISObuster to view complete/damaged ISOs
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I love D-Tools, never had a problem with them. The older version did not like XP at all. It should have a entry in ADD/REMOVE.
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
                I love D-Tools, never had a problem with them. The older version did not like XP at all. It should have a entry in ADD/REMOVE.
                Nope, it didn't.

Comment

you can still burn .bin files without the cue.. using Nero, File > burn image > all files.. browse to the .bin file, and if it bitches about the sectors in the image not matching, choose raw.. has worked for me every time
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Agreed. Usually the "sectors not matching" bit is something I get when I'm burning a "copy protected" image. Works fine as raw.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                      you can still burn .bin files without the cue.. using Nero, File > burn image > all files.. browse to the .bin file, and if it bitches about the sectors in the image not matching, choose raw.. has worked for me every time
                      I tried that, but it wasn't a readable disc.

Anyway, I got it all working last night...i'll post more info later.

Comment

Working...
                      X