Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A7N8X motherboard revisions?

Hi!

I was planning on buying Asus A7N8X Deluxe this summer and start a new update round on my PC. Can anyone tell me if there is any other improvements or fixes on PCB version 2.0 compared to the earlier ones beside the official support for FSB400? I know the support for FSB400 can be added into earlier motherboards via BIOS update. Is it worth for searching the newest version of this motherboard?

I would also like to know if there's known incompatibility issues with 400 MHz memory chips of certain manufacturers.

I would really appreciate your help!

I did not find a bios revision which added FSB400 support to my A7N8X 1.06,( now available on their site, not the case when I bought the new one) so I sold it to a buddy from work and got myself a revision 2.0.. works like a charm, with my XP2500+ @ 3200+
    I am using Crusial DDR400 in the board.. no problems
    As for anything else, then I have not noticed anything. Windows even booted without finding new everything, which I expected, and I did not have to activate windows again.
    Bottom line, if you can get the 2.0 get it.. the place I bought it only had the 2.0 in the deluxe version.

* edit.. checked asus's website for FSB400 bios.. yes it is now available
    Last edited by Tjalfe; 10 June 2003, 11:27.
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The pcb2.0 versions are becomming reasonably common, I would definetely say it is worth tracking down.

In some forums people talk about bad cmos batteries on the older revisions amongst other things...

It runs my xp 2400 at 2244 very well(11 *204),
      Actually it can go to 2350 100% reilable.....except cold booting which is a pain.

Their is a new bios due out that will incorporate some fixes/tweaks for the SI sata raid controller amongst other things,

There is a dude doing a modified "UBER" bios that allows increased voltage maxes for chipset and ram, i will try that when the 1006 bios comes out

It does the full unlock of multilplier (low and hi) for tbred/barton chips which people use to have to "wire" in the old versions...might have just been a bios fix?

Comment

Thanks for your help, guys!
        Maybe I'll spend some time and try to find pcb2.0 version.

Comment

Working...
        X