Anyone got ICS going with AOhell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got ICS going with AOhell

I am going to dump AOL as soon as I move into somewhere where I have a real phone line, but at the moment I am having to use my expensive freeisp.com "free" account to share the connection between my machine and the one I'm configuring for my friend. The other thing is I would just like to know if it can be done and how. Not interested in third party software as I'm aware that some can do it like anologx proxy. Funny enuf the first version of AOL7 allowed it. If you log in with that now it tells you to upgrade or it won't allow you on.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Thats shitty AOL for you. Always breaks something. They'd get a lot more customers if they dumped the shitty software they force on you.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I remember with version 6 in the UK it had some instructions for setting it up - but when that failed and I hassled them enough they said that it only worked in the US, and that part of the documentation should have been removed

I ended up using third party software.

I got the beta for version 7, but never got round to playing with it before I got broadband. Hadn't realised they ever got ICS working with it - the few people I spoke to who even acknowlegded that ICS even existed, seemed under the impression that no-one would want it

Comment

Solution: Rent a shed. Get a phone line installed. Get ADSL. Get Wireless to your room.

easy
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
        X