• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twinmos memory whats it like

Is good bad or indifferent ???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I've got two Twinmos-winbond PC3200 sticks plugged in tomy main rig. They haven't caused me any trouble yet.

Comment

I've been looking at some reviews and was quite surprised to see how many reviewers were using athlons systems. I thought the athlon doesn't use much memory bandwidth unlike the P4.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Some of the Athlon systems at work use TwinMOS PC2700 DDR-RAM, and all of them work without any problems, and my brother has a Pentium 4 system witch also use TwinMOS PC2700 sticks, no problem there either!

Comment

Re: Twinmos memory whats it like

Originally posted by The PIT
          Is good bad or indifferent ???
          better than a cheap OEM stick but not that much better... they're just above the Mtec/Spektek/Veritech sticks in my experience (those are the cheap OEM sticks that sell here) but far from Crucial, Apacer, Corsair et al....

Comment

Cheapest quality RAM here is infineon. Almost as cheap as no-name stuff, but high quality.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Infineon chips, or a stick sold by Infineon? BIG difference.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yeah, only infineon chips don't mean much for quality. You have to be careful, but you can get infineon modules for quite cheap here.. 512 MB PC2700 CL2 for 67.90 EUR

AZ

Comment

VAT Included?

Comment

Of course. Always in germany (16%).

AZ

Comment

Re: Re: Twinmos memory whats it like

Originally posted by Kurt
                      better than a cheap OEM stick but not that much better... they're just above the Mtec/Spektek/Veritech sticks in my experience (those are the cheap OEM sticks that sell here) but far from Crucial, Apacer, Corsair et al....
                      True, but Twinmos modules with winbond chips are very good!

Comment

Yeah, it depends on both the chip and the module maker.

AZ

Comment

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

The PIT:

Komplett.co.uk is the cheapest place in the UK for Twinmos ram.
                            There are two kinds of Twinmos - generic and Winbond. The Winbond ones clock very good.

My Winbond 3200 one can do 215fsb @ CL-2 (can't try higher because of CPU).
                            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

basically if you plan on overclocking your ram.. dont get twinmos.. otherwise they are quite good
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X