New XP driver for Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XP driver for Parhelia

New winxp driver for Parhelia is updated I think. The date's been updated, so you might wanna check that out.

That's the wierd thing on those "new" drivers. They are dated 05may03, while the Linux drivers are dated 2jun03. Have Matrox been sitting on the WinXP drivers since 5 may or has somebody over there got Spring fever?

Much more interesting would be the .NET 1.1 compatible drivers.
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

Why would anyone want 1.1 compatible drivers, when one of the pros of .NET are that you can have all the frameworks installed side-by-side.

That makes sure that the drivers won't break due to some change in the later frameworks.

Also, if Matrox would like to upgrade to .NET 1.1, they have to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003, or use to the commandline compiler of .NET FX 1.1, which is not user-friendly.

I don't understand where the need to have 1.1 drivers come from.
      I guess it is because most people are not used to have several versions of something installed side-by-side.
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

I think these new drivers from the 5th of May is the drivers that you can find on the installation CD for the P-series boards Matrox is starting to sell now!

Comment

Any white paper for this driver???

Comment

According to Haig, under .NET 1.1 the current Parhelia drivers will not properly uninstall, creating problems for future driver upgrades. While you can have both .NET 1.0 and1.1 installed and Parhelia drivers installed under 1.0 can be properly uninstalled, I'm not installing 1.1 until I know the Parhelia drivers are compatible.

Experience makes me almost superstitious about these things. If Haig says watch out for the black cat, I can see a black cat on a moonless night in a pitch dark room where there are no cats at all.
            Who cares?

Comment

I've run all the drivers between 1.02 and 1.04.1 with both frameworks installed, switching drivers now and then to make some games run since different games run better with some drivers.

I've both uninstalled the drivers and then installed other drivers, and installed directly over, and I've not seen a single problem.
              <font size="-4">User error:
              Replace user and try again.
              System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
              System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
              </font>

Comment

Happy to hear that. What Haig said is here.
                Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                X