Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare KQ1

Greetings,

I have a very rare first King's Quest ever made. It came in a plastic box and it was distributed by IBM and so it has IBM's logo on it. I also have the manual and the original disk. The system reuirements are quite funny

System Requirements:

IBM Color Display, or telesvision

IBM PCjr
    128KB of memory

Anyway, I am trying to figure out how much something like this might be worth. Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing less than $100, but what do I know. Other information of interest is that I was 12 when I received this as a Christmas present and so I have drawn in the manual. I also do not have the original sleeve for the disk, but other than that, everything is in fairly good shape overall.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Should be worth a good 50 cents.
    In another 10 years could be up to 75 cents.

I have access to a pile of software and hardware going back over 25 years, and the unfortunate truth of the matter is that almost nobody cares about this 'antique' stuff.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
      Should be worth a good 50 cents.
      In another 10 years could be up to 75 cents.

I have access to a pile of software and hardware going back over 25 years, and the unfortunate truth of the matter is that almost nobody cares about this 'antique' stuff.
      LOL! That much eh? Well, I wasn't planning on selling it anyway, just wanted a value for it.

Thanks,

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I've got KQ1 on 5.25" floppies :P

Comment

I've got Bob Winner on 3" disk (+ original box and manual) for the Amstrad CPC...

You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

Oh, I also have ACE for the same platform...
          You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've got a KQ1, 2 and 3 triplepack on 5.25" floppies - and in those days a "triplepack" was literally the 3 original (already rather big) game boxes taped together...

There is a project around remaking the KQ games for modern systems though...
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

That project that you are reffering to is from Tierra.

Dave

Comment

That's the one - had forgotten the link briefly
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Ooh!

New speech and music packs for KQ2! Huzzah!

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

I haven't checked out KQ2 yet...one of these days I'll get to it.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X