SiS748 Performance Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiS748 Performance Preview

In an attempt to capture more of the Socket A market, SiS is preparing its SiS748 chipset. Its 400MHz bus supports AMD's latest Athlon XP 3200+ processor and DDR400 memory. But does it have enough to compete with NVIDIA's nForce2? Read on to find out!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

You could be nice and just tell us the results...

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

The benchmarks they did were primarily gaming ones, and SiS 748 did not fare too well. (often if not always last place)

Comment

True, but that's making it sound much worse than it was. The SiS trailed the nForce2 and single-channel nForce2 (yes, in every test), but the differences between all three were miniscule. Plus, the board they reviewed was a reference board, and I suspect actual products will be a little faster. So there really won't be any difference worth mentioning between the 748 and nForce2.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

And the most important feature to those with high bandwidth PCI devices like realtime editing cards isn't measured by benchmark programs: PCI to host memory bandwidth. You really need to put it on a PCI analyzer & push the cards hard to evaluate it.

I'll be in line for an MSI 748 board as soon as it hits the shelves.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 June 2003, 11:11.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X