X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want... this.

Cheaper than one of those Sputniks.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Seems more usefull than a satellite.. I would hate to pay for the fuel for that beast though
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I'd probably have to work for 10 years in order to fill it up ONCE, hehe.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

OK - just checked the account. Can't afford it quite yet. Maybe I could persuade the firm to use it as a floating support platform...
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Maybe you can just park it somewhere and make it a private island.. perhaps start your own country that way

Comment

Hmmm, that catapult could be fun.

Comment

How many miles per gallon does it get? Actually, with ships that big, it's usually measured in feet per gallon, and the answer is usually a single digit
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Fuel: Oil
                Capacity: 3,196 Tons plus 98,000 gallons of Aviation fuel
                Endurance: 12,000 Nautical miles @ 14 Knots, 6,200 Nautical Miles @ 25 Knots

Best case scenario it is 3.75 nautical miles per Ton!

Comment

Anyone know the density of the fuel (I'd guess diesel oil) that this thing uses? I'm pretty sure it's less dense than water. I want to do the conversion to feet per gallon
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                    Hmmm, that catapult could be fun.
                    Apparently those things can chuck a 2 tonne truck from 0-60mph in under 2 secs @ over 200 ft. Cool ride!
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

ah, whats the sound sytem like?
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I wonder how I can convince the current owner that I can take it for a test drive

to, say.... Hawaii and back

Comment

I wonder how negotiable the price is. I'd get a kick out of trying to lowball the salesman on something like that.
                          Bart

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Wonder what happened.. the bbc said it was due to be sold for scrap almost a year ago if they couldnt sell it to the people wanting it for a museum.

Comment

Working...
                            X