Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p650 powerdesk is awful

haig:

am i missing something or does this version of powerdesk that ships with the p650 suck?

i can't change my resolution like i used to be able to. i used to use 1856x1394 with my g400, there is no selection. can't find anywhere to create the selection. 1600x1200 @ 60hz is the only 1600 setting i see, and that is totally useless. you guys used to do a better job than this.

then if i want to connect a 2nd monitor, the selections are even worse. i think i'll see if i can return it unless you can tell me how to achieve the settings i want, 1856x1394x32bit @75-80hz.

then i go to some pages in powerdesk and can't even back up. i have to exit and start it again.

very bad in my opinion

Download the Matrox Tweak Util and use that to make some custom resolutions...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

i'll try that. the third time i tried to adjust refresh at 1920x1440, it finally let me get past 62. i have no idea why it didn't the 1st 2 times i tried it. set it to 75 and at least it's usable

thanks for the tip

Comment

The tweaker may't work becuase it's been discontinued just after we released P.

If your monitor is sending out that res via its edid, then our drivers would pick it up and display it in the windows properties.

Since it isn't doint that, you would have to find a utility that will allow you to add new resolutions, or wait until we release our monitor manager utility.

Comment

just checked and it doesn't have the monitor utilities tab. i guess i'll have to wait.

Comment

Well, in the interim, give PowerStrip a whirl.

If the Monitor Manager util does what Haig is implying it does, I'll be really happy...

Comment

Hey Haig, can you tell us when ETA for you monitor manager utility is? Or perhaps when you're planing it to be?

Comment

Last I heard him mention, it was a few weeks off...

Comment

... and the way he spoke about it, it may have gotten embroiled in internal Matrox politics somehow...
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                  X