2005 BMW M6 ... drool ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 BMW M6 ... drool ...

In my never ending prusuit of finding really cool things that I will never be able to afford, I found this:

Motoring is packed with new car news, reviews, videos, new models and bikes, and motorsport. Find complete road tests, tools, and new and used vehicle listings.

Now I know a few MURCers don't like the new BMW look, but this car looks damn sw33t! It will sport a 500-bhp, V-10 engine, with all the BMW M-series goodies. It will also include the option to have SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) installed, which would allow you to program your own gear ratios in.

HOLY COW PIES IN HEAVEN!!!

So, if anyone here has $80 000 USD lying around with nothing to do, go ahead and pre-order your own.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

It's powerful and all but I'm not crazy about the look.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Is it just me, or does the back end look kinda like a dodge stratus?
      Attached Files
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Or maybe even a chrysler concorde?

I dunno, maybe it's just me. I don't like it based on these pictures, but I'll wait to see it in person before I judge it...
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

yup, sure does.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

This is a hideous vehicle. The way things are going at BMW, they won't make a single street-friendly car that I want to drive by the end of 2004.

The 5-series now looks foolish. The 7-series looks foolish. When they revamp the 3-series, it TOO will look foolish.

And this car is just foolishness personified.

At least the M5 still looks... decent.

The roadsters look nice, of course, but have limited practical use.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Re: 2005 BMW M6 ... drool ...

Originally posted by Jammrock
              In my never ending prusuit of finding really cool things that I will never be able to afford, I found this:

Motoring is packed with new car news, reviews, videos, new models and bikes, and motorsport. Find complete road tests, tools, and new and used vehicle listings.

Now I know a few MURCers don't like the new BMW look, but this car looks damn sw33t! It will sport a 500-bhp, V-10 engine, with all the BMW M-series goodies. It will also include the option to have SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) installed, which would allow you to program your own gear ratios in.

HOLY COW PIES IN HEAVEN!!!

So, if anyone here has $80 000 USD lying around with nothing to do, go ahead and pre-order your own.

Jammrock
              I mainly just don't like the front end/bumper peice.

How can you program in your own gear ratios??? You mean the ACTUAL ratios?

Comment

I thought I read that BMW was in the middle of fixing styling the 7 Series Abortion that they came out with....this just goes and reinforces it?
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Re: Re: 2005 BMW M6 ... drool ...

Originally posted by Kooldino

Think that SMG gearbox is just a clutchless manual transmission...
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Re: Re: 2005 BMW M6 ... drool ...

Originally posted by Kooldino

YUP! SMG is basically a clutchless manual, as GT98 stated, but unlike most "clutchless manuals", the SMG is a true manual, not a user controlled automatic (*coughPONTIACcough*). And yes you can really, really program the real gear ratios in SMG equipped cars.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I agree with Gurm... BMW made the 7 and 5 series ugly, and it looks like they're continuing the trend with the 3 series and this thing.

Comment

Those cars look really hideous. Apart from looking nothing like a BMW, and looking quite american, it just looks like shit

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I agree az...

BMW was for me the symbol of great german car making...I guess they still are technical wise, but appearance is going down the drain though.
                          Last edited by Novdid; 5 June 2003, 13:59.

Comment

I concur. BMW's stylists need to be shot. Sadly, the sales numbers are still strong, due to BMW's role as "status symbol"... so those inside the company who ALSO want the directors of design SACKED are being shouted down by the money-minded types.

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

My brother-in-law has a BMW... 5 series, I think. This thing has SOOO little room inside, in the front and in the fond - less than a VW passat, and much less than a Mercedes. I don't like Mercedes' exteriours either, but they sure are the more comfortable car. And I don't care if too hard seats and too little room are "sportive".

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X