No announcement yet.

How to use apple cinema display on PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use apple cinema display on PC?

Hi All,

I am looking at Apple Cinema Display, and I have no idea of how to use that for PC. Even on the Apple website, it mentions that you'll need a special converter for old macs to use this kind of display.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    OCP Certified Oracle 8i DBA.

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

You don't!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Dr. Bott's DVIator converts. you can't change contrast and brightness from a PC, though.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I believe it's possible but you need some DVI to ADC Adapter. Because the Apple Cinema Display has only an ADC connector IIRC.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

As I said, you need the DVIator by Dr. Bott. It converts DVI to ADC (Apple Display Connector). Obviously, you'll need a graphics card with DVI out.

AZ

Comment

Something like this then

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I think the DVIator is cheaper, and it's all-digital, since it uses DVI in.

AZ

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I just read a review of how to use Apple Cinema Display on PC. However, it mentioned that "All the Matrox Cards will not work with Apple Cinema Display at all".

I am just wondering if there is anyone who's using this display with Parhelia?
                OCP Certified Oracle 8i DBA.

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

Comment

Why don't you just get one of the widescreen Samsung or Sony LCD's? They're probably just as good, if not better, than the cinema display, PC-compatible and probably cheaper ...

EDIT:Okay, so they're a bit more ... Apple has a ADC to DVI converter:

I suppose in theory it is PC compatible, as long as it outputs a standard DVI signal. WOuld probably get better signal integrity with Apple's too.

Jammrock
                  Last edited by Jammrock; 27 October 2003, 10:30.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                  X