X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what time of year it is?

Just started, eeeeya
    Attached Files
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

I got several bites on the victoria day long weekend already
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Comment

Yeah, we have a pesky species of no-see'ums, just under 1 mm long and flesh-coloured. I've watched them tip up their arses and corkscrew a sharp proboscis into the skin. They cannot go deep enough to suck blood, but they inject a toxin that irritates like hell for 20 or 30 minutes, provided you don't scratch the bite and longer if you do. The crafty buggers fly off before the irritation stats, though. For some reason, they do not attack the head, face or neck, just the arms and legs.

Another one looks exactly like a small housefly, but is a bloodsucker and leaves a painful 1 hour toxin. A real pest when gardening. DMP repels it, fortunately.

We get practically no mosquitos, though, perhaps 1 o r 2 per year.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

BayGon
          AeroGuard

Comment

What?

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

And of course we've got the west nile factor this year.

hmmm, may have to limit my stays at the cottage.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

The odds of catching it are low, but...

The West Nile virus has been working it's way across Canada over the last year or two (or three) and it's expected to reach the west coast this year. Damn.

Comment

I HATE bugs!! Not because they bite me, but because they dirty up my car and I can't find ANY good windshield washer fluid thats REALLy good for getting bug guts off.
                  Bart

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                    I HATE bugs!! Not because they bite me, but because they dirty up my car and I can't find ANY good windshield washer fluid thats REALLy good for getting bug guts off.
                    Don't use the Prestone Bugwash. It left watermarks on my windshield and paint job, that I can't get off even a year later. And it's nearly impossible to find Prestone company contact information.

A friend of mine said that treating your windshield with Rain-X makes the bugs much easier to deal with. Also, when I am cleaning the bugs at home, I use a citrus cleaner to help break things down first.

And out here Miller moths (actually army cutworms) leave monsterous splotches on your windshield at 90mph.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      Don't use the Prestone Bugwash. It left watermarks on my windshield and paint job, that I can't get off even a year later. And it's nearly impossible to find Prestone company contact information.

A friend of mine said that treating your windshield with Rain-X makes the bugs much easier to deal with. Also, when I am cleaning the bugs at home, I use a citrus cleaner to help break things down first.

And out here Miller moths (actually army cutworms) leave monsterous splotches on your windshield at 90mph.
                      90mph, eh?

Comment

Well, yeah, on the low side. The highways here are like a driver's paradise. 90mph is my low side for the drive home from dancing.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hmmm, KvH has new "bug squashers."

Comment

Don't get bugs on the windscreen anymore or very few. The farmers must have wiped them nearly all out.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's because the roads in the UK have become one vast parking lot: no one can go fast enough to squash a bug :-(

(Remember the AC Cobra at 186 mph on the M1? The first time I clocked the ton was on the Preston bypass which was part of the M6, shortly after it opened as the first motorway in the UK, in a Hillman Minx with a Sunbeam Alpine engine, I'd guess about 44 years ago; that car was a real bug-killer!!!)
                              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                              X