Clear All

• someone convince me that life goes on

www.lizziemorrison.com

Why shouldn't it?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

What's your problem, Liz?
      Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad.

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle,

Don't grumble, give a whistle!

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...

(the music fades into the song)

..always look on the bright side of life!

(whistle)

Always look on the bright side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten,

There's something you've forgotten!

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,

Don't be silly chumps,

Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!

And... always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)

Come on!

(other start to join in)

Always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)

For life is quite absurd,

And death's the final word.

You must always face the curtain with a bow!

Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,

Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!

Just before you draw your terminal breath.

Life's a piece of shit,

When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,

You'll see it's all a show,

Keep 'em laughing as you go.

Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)

Always look on the bright side of life

(whistle)
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Lambo-Fan's post was most likely not meant to sound as harsh as it does, and seems to be a simple, honest question

AZ

Comment

Is this perhaps your current state Liz?
            Attached Files
            Lawrence

Comment

I think I just "found" your problem in the photo thread. It must be a bad time for you, Liz.
              I'm 23, too, and I "haven't let anyone have my heart" for 23 years, so my situation isn't great, too. I hope that I don't interpret you post wrong...
              Last edited by Lambo-Fan; 3 June 2003, 11:34.
              Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Ah, you know, it's not bad not being in a relationship for some time. You have time for yourself, use it

Lambo, don't give up I was in much the same situation as you a few years ago - if I may give a piece of advice: Be active. ASK girls, dammit. You have nothing to lose, and even if they say no, you've tried, you've gained experience, and maybe you can "just be friends" with her (but don't mix up friendships and relationships )

AZ

Comment

Thanks for your explanation, az. You're right, it sounds a little bit harsh ("What's your problem, Liz?"). Sorry...

Comment

Everything and Everyone changes. No one thing or person is exempt. (Obvios exceptions apply, Jesus et al for example. Joke there Lizzie. Smile. )

Life, as we know it right now, is finite. You can let yourself stay still in life. But everything else goes on. You don't do anything, the whole Universe goes on. You do something, it still goes on. Why waste brooding and being unhappy, when there's so much more that can be done and you can be happy?

Come on Lizzie. Life goes on, recognise that and enjoy yourself NOW. Don't look back and regret. Look back and smile.

And if you ever get over to the UK. Ill buy you a pint eh? (Believe me, this is a feat and a hlf. Me and bars are not known to be said in one sentence. )

J1NG

Comment

Read Terry Pratchett

That will not only lighten your mood but he will make you laugh about you own mistakes, while at the sime time he lets you learn alot about yourself and the world in general.

And of course he will make you laugh

Just go to www.amazon.com and order "Wyrd Sisters" and "Witches Abroad". If you like them, read all his other books, if you don't, you don't.

But it might happen to you that you dont take things as serious as you did before you read his books, or that you just start laughing in some situations, because he has such a great way of making you see the humour of each and every situation you will ever be in.

Or If you dont want to read, just go to a nice place, somewhere where there are not too many people. Best would be in a forrest somewhere, but I dont know where youre from and how easy it is for you to find one. Then you just sit down and think about whatever youre thinking about.

You will see that its hard to stay in a bad mood while sitting in a forest

edit: And sooner or later life will convince you that its going on anyway, so why wait?
                      Last edited by Topha; 3 June 2003, 12:01.

Comment

See, Liz - every situation has good aspects. Pick those and enjoy them. This has nothing to do with closing your eyes towards the truth. Be aware of the bad things, just don't let them drag you down.

I for one enjoy experiencing weather. As strange as it sounds, but experiencing a thunderstorm in just a t-shirt (and pants, of course), realizing how BIG nature is, is breathtaking, and makes me personally happy. These sort of things are best enjoyed alone, IMHO - or with a friend, but each on their own. Realize how great creation is (I'm not religious), and you simply can't refuse life. Life itself is beautiful, and you WILL find someone to share it with, if you want to. Don't rush.. flow

AZ

Comment

The hard way is hard, but not as hard as the easy way.

Comment

Well, if all that everyone here's said hasn't helped. I'll add a bit more.

Life doesn't go on. No really. It doesn't go on. And it won't. It never will.... not unless you're willing to let go of the problem.

Sometimes, it's not that life doesn't go on. It's just you won't let it go on.

And as I said in me first post. Life ALWAYS and does go on.

And that pint is still up for offer.

J1NG

Comment

Trust me ... Life will go on.
                              A recent example in this forum would be Agallag who bounced back from a pretty bad situation

Maybe we should have a Cheer up Liz party sometime
                              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
                              X