The Horrors of the Largan Chameleon Mega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horrors of the Largan Chameleon Mega

Evil devil spawn camera it is. First of all the picture quality is very inconsistent in terms of blurriness, correct hues, and light flare artifacts.

More importantly after a full reboot, it causes a stop error. This happens with the packaged driver or the driver off the website with these three machines:

Athlon 600 - Win2kSP3
    Celeron 1.8 - Win2kSP3
    Celeron 2.0 - WinXpSP1

This came free with one of our 6 new Dell's. Free that does not work is one thing. No cost and no loss is irritating, but OK. Cost or no cost and loss sucks.
    Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 3 June 2003, 09:15.

Comment

Is this a VIDEO card?

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

It's a digital camera.

Comment

And the make and Model number is ????
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Like I said in my first post, it is the Largan Chameleon Mega.

Here's a link.

Comment

Looks suspiciously like the new Casio digital cameras... urk!

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Wait... and you're surprised? Did you even look at the name of the product? Anything called "Largan Chameleon Mega" probably should have set of some kind of "danger sense."

Comment

I agree with Jon. And Gurm, it does absolutely NOT look like the new Casio - those have that unique sliding lens design which offsets the lens from the center of the lens tube. Besides, those are really pricey, because of the geek factor of owning such a small 3x optical zoom camera, and would NEVER be bundled for free with any standard computer.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                    Wait... and you're surprised? Did you even look at the name of the product? Anything called "Largan Chameleon Mega" probably should have set of some kind of "danger sense."
                    Hey now. I've never used a digital camera before. Or even looked into purchasing one and it was free. One would assume that it would work with the system it came with. How stupid of me.

Comment

A few facts: proper digital cameras start at 3, maybe 2 true megapixels. They have exchangeable media. they come from a firm you very likely already know if you know what a photo camera is

AZ

Comment

Hehe, makes you wonder what Dell was thinking when they bundled it with the system doesn't it.

Comment

They thought "let's bundly some <10$ shit that wouldn qualify as a webcam, label it as a *whoa Digital Camera, incenting people to buy our stuff, and f*ck them - it's free, they can't complain"

AZ

Comment

With the other five machines we got 2 Palm Zires are 3 Lexmark color inkjets. THey've worked out phenominally.

Comment

The palm zires sound like useful bundles. Lexmarks though...

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X