P series ship date pushed back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P series ship date pushed back?

I had noticed within the last couple of days that the P650 ship date had been changed to "Early June" from "Late May", but the P750 was still "Late May". Now, the P750 shows "Mid June"! I was hoping to get one ASAP, but I am not too keen to pre-order without knowing when they will ship. Anyone know the story? Obviously, if it is just bumped once, it isn't a particularly big deal, but I really want something Matrox to plunk in my nForce2-based motherboard.

Nathan

it's always "soon".
    The future's no use today.
    <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

Originally posted by diewlei
      it's always "soon".
      No, it's always Soonâ„¢.

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Clients are starting to receive their P750.

Comment

Excellent

Thanks Haig. That is great news. So, if I were to order now, when would I expect to get delivery (approximately, of course)?

Nathan

Comment

I guess it'll depend on the delivery method but it usually takes ~ 5 working days.

Comment

Retail?

OK, and would you be able to give me any idea when one could get these cards through the normal channels (not direct from Matrox)? Sorry for 20 questions. Thanks for your time.

Nathan

Comment

More important question

Haig,

Since you've been so helpful, can you tell me whether the reported issues with the P-series cards on the nForce2 chipset have been worked out yet? I had completely forgotten about that, but I really don't want that headache after shelling out good money.

Nathan

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Once a distributor places an order, they should get it within 3 days. After that, it's between them and the retailer.

Regarding the nForce2 problem, the cd driver doesn't have the fix. Fix should be there within 2 web driver releases.

Comment

my p650 is shipping today, i'll have it tomorrow

Comment

Sounds good

So, this is a driver issue that is pretty much worked out already, just not in anything that has been released yet? And the cards do function fine with the nForce2 chipset, except in certain 3D gaming circumstances with the current drivers, correct?

I just want to make sure that it is not a hardware incompatability or a problem that is not yet known.

Nathan

Comment

Here I go again

Sorry to follow my own post again, but I couldn't help but notice that the P650 page now says "End of June". I know this is a small point if the cards are, in fact, shipping, but this sort of inconsistent message has me a tad worried about the supply, etc. Please calm my unjustified fears.

Nathan

Comment

probably any orders placed now will ship at the end of june

Comment

We do have them in stock so I don't see any shipping delays. To put your mind as ease though, you should talk to our sales people.

Regarding the nForce 2 problem, yes, it is fixed with our internal driver build and the problem isn't only in 3D. The problem is lockups even when staring at your desktop.

You would have to boot up in vga mode and download the new driver once it's up.

Comment

probably won't be getting my nf2 board to test umtil the end of june. will the driver be released by then?

Comment

Working...
                              X