Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 - Problems/Unhappiness

Hi,

I recently purchased a new G550 to go with my MSPro7 upgrade having previously used MSpro V2-V5.2 with my RR Studio, G200 & then G400 Marvel setups.

I have had some major problems getting the dual head facility to work which can be read about here if anyone wants the details!

Basically the dual head DVDMax now appears to function and I can output any preview from MSPro to a TV as well as video files played through WMP, Power DVD etc..

The problem now is that the picture quality is not good. It looks to me like the picture has either been de-interlaced (despite me setting the output options as field based) or output at half resolution..it almost looks like VCD quality, maybe not even as good.

I am only using composite output from the back of the G550 but if I hook up my camcorder and use the pass-thru from MSPro to the TV (via composite also) the picture is superb.

I never had picture quality issues with the RR, G200 or G400 and only purchased the G550 so I could edit without having to keep connecting the cam, expecting it to have at least the quality of the older cards.

Has anyone else with a G550 had a similar problem with TV output? I did a search in the forums but did not come up with anything....

Thanks

Andrew

P.S. PC specs are:

PC: HP Pavillion 782.uk (Win2K+SP3), P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB DDR, Matrox G550, 40Gb OS+80Gb Video, HP 200i DVD+R/RW Software: MSPro 7, Studio 8 Deluxe V8.3.17, Cam: JVC DV2000/DVP5
Working...
X