MSPro 6 Moving Path problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro 6 Moving Path problem

Generally speaking, my set-up fairly whizzes along with ne'er a problem using MSPro 6.0 - enabling quite a few masterpieces produced this year inc. two weddings, (no funerals though). But I do throw my hands up in horror when I get the dreaded 'This program has performed an Illegal Operation and will be shut down'.

It appears to happen both when scrubbing over a moving path or when 'creating' the finished edit, it reaches the moving path part. Then the 'Illegal Operation' appears:

VEDITOR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff9db61.

What do the experts think this is caused by? I'd love to know and would be very grateful if anyone out there has an answer.

Merv Wilson

Mt set-up: AMD K6-2 333Mhz - AT p/s - Asus P5A-B Socket7 M/Board - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP VidCap/Graphics card 16Mb SDRAM - 192Mb of system RAM - 10.1Gb system/boot HD disk - 16.8Gb video HD disk - both IBM Deskstars. Win98SE. Creative CD-RW 4x2x24x. MediaStudioPro v6.0.
    Merv

Gentlemen, I think I have solved the problem. Just to make sure that I wasn't crying Wolf, I 'created' and rendered the project for a second time, making sure that the eleven-minute project filled the entire edit window of MSPro6. Sure enough, after some twenty minutes of render the 'Illegal Operation' reared it's ugly head once more.

However, I could see that the render had stopped just short of the Moving Path clip & had come to rest on a 22 sec A/V clip. I ran through the same procedure. It stopped at this A/V clip. Then this was the culprit & not the Moving Path!
    This clip was replaced with the same cut-in & cut-out points from the Media Library/Source Window & Lo & Behold, it rendered all the way through without a murmur. I can only think that the A/V clip in question must have been corrupted. Strange, as it's replacement came from the same original source.

One lesson learnt here that when rendering/creating, it is important to have the whole project 'Fitted In Window' so as to see where the timeline/render stops should there be a problem.

Merv

PS: Is there a way of ridding MJPEG captured clips of the vertical green line on left of frame? It doesn't show on all clips, just a few & doesn't matter on normal TV as it is conveniently cut-off but is an irritation when shown on the TV Monitor. This query has probably been posed before but I should be grateful for a solution.
    Merv

Comment

Working...
    X