Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?game server?

Hello Kids

I have almost finished setting up a linux box on my 'orange' side of the firewall. (useing smoothwall)

I will be testing it for a few days this week and hopefully (through the magic of NO-IP.com ) I will have a URL set up. I dont plan to use the box for much else other than a web server (for max 10 simultaneous users).

My question is this:

I will happly donate some of the bandwidth for any murcers wishing to play the odd game, but the server end will have to work in Linux (or possibly WINE - I have no experience of it yet).

If anyone has any suggestions what you would like hosted (preferably with no known exploits), and its inexpensive (like I have it already or can get it), Please post your suggestions... I dont know if I will be able to make it a perminent fixture yet, but we can give it a whirl.....

RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

That'll be cool. We have UT2003 covered with Sitflyer's server but I suppose if we want to get other games going you could do it. I have a game server too, BTW, that doesn't do too much. I wouldn't mind setting up other games on it.

Comment

I'd love a good place to play Jedi Knight 2, regular old dual mode (or DM, sabre only) with force powers on. It hard to find a good server running that way any more. Most servers are running different mods now, and the of the ones that do run old fashion Dual, most have force powers turned off...
      Last edited by Kruzin; 2 June 2003, 16:04.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Another vote for JK2!

Comment

Make that 3 for JK2

Comment

I dont have it at the moment - but I will see what I can do.....

RedRed
            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

How about Tribes 2?

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Man Tribes 2 rocks

anyone tried Planet Side ??

Comment

Comment

lol .. nice find

Comment

A Need for Speed: HP 2 server would be great.
                      Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
                        That'll be cool. We have UT2003 covered with Sitflyer's server but I suppose if we want to get other games going you could do it. I have a game server too, BTW, that doesn't do too much. I wouldn't mind setting up other games on it.
                        Not here in Europe, the latency ********************!

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                          Not here in Europe, the latency ********************!
                          Well that's why RedRed can set up a server too

Note that if the games have separate dedicated servers that can be downloaded, it's a lot easier for either RedRed or me to set up a server for that game, since we don't have to go find a copy of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X