Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Backups

Hi All,

I have started to backup my DVD movie collection but have a problem.

After ripping I run movie from folder using Power DVD and works like a charm.

When I convert to MPEG-2 and play it also plays fine. (TMPGEnc)

After I author in Ulead DVD Workshop and again play it, it would freeze at varios places for a split second or more.

It is not an issue, apperently, with my own footage.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

I had the same problem. I was using TMPGenc, and I was doing them 24p. Played in Power DVD as an MPEG2, but stuttered when authored into a DVD with Ulead. I never figured out the cause.

But TMPGen's new authoring program (very limited features) does the job, so I'll live with it for the time being. I am assuming that 24p (inverse telecined to 24 fps progressive) was the problem, thaqt Ulead didnt like it. If I encode something directly in Ulead (built in Mainconcept encoder), no prob.

Later I might try something new and more sophisticated. For example Adobe.

Comment

... exactly what kind of parameters did you use to generate the mpeg2 file in Tmpgenc ? If you're using VBR, it might be the problem is generated in that corner. If so, do a trial of an encode of the same footage in CBR instead, see if the problem still produces itself.

There's a remark on the CSP page about "clean bitstreams", IE without too much spikes. It may be commercial smoke and mirrors, but it made me wonder about the kind of problem you're having.

Hope this helps,
      Kris
      -----------------

Comment

I'm encoding in MPEG-2, CBR with MPEG audio.
        I have tried a couple of authoring software but the freez problem still persists after encoding in TMPGEnc.
        Also encoded movies will not run in Windows media player. If I encode in UMSP 7, then Windows media player will play the clip without problems.

Debbie
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

... sounds a bit like you're somehow creating non-DVD compliant Mpeg2 files.

I don't have an answer for you right now, as I rarely use Tmpgenc and use CCSP instead, but I'm currently testing a number of Mpeg encoders in light of my tests of Pinnacle Edition5, so I'll look into that today too.

Be advised that in my tests so far, CCSP created perfectly usable DVD files which got burned perfectly using DVDMF2.

If nobody else would have any input on this (which I'd doubt highly seeing the level of knowledge by the participants of this forum), I'll report my findings by the end of the week.

Kris
          ----------

Comment

Hm...
            telecine and all of that stuff is pisible to "SET" in tmpgenc....
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X