Matrox Linux drivers not compiling in RedHat 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Linux drivers not compiling in RedHat 9.0

I desperately want to use linux all the time, and unfortunately the drivers won't compile properly.

What I'm after if anyone has managed to compile it is a glibc 2.3 and gcc 3.0 compiled modules of the matrox drivers.

If anyone has managed to do this can they contact me either here or via e-mailing me??

Cheers,
    Doogie

Drivers for which card?

Comment

Likely any card since the Millennium and before the Parhelia. Pre-Millennium cards and Parhelia onwards don't have source available to compile, and the rest are all driven by the same driver. (I assume you're talking about XFree86 drivers as well, Doogie.)

Unfortunately Red Hat decided to backport a lot of fundamental stuff from kernel 2.5 into their 9.0 distribution, most notably the new threading implementation. This has broken compatibility with a lot of other things, and is potentially the reason you can't get your drivers to compile.

RH should have made their XFree86 source available, including whatever changes they've made to it. Try to find and compile that.

As a last resort, I could give you my compiled modules. They're compiled with GCC 3.2.<something> against GLibc 2.3.<something>. But I should warn you, they're heavily optimised for Athlon XP/MP and may not run on anything else (except Hammer ).
      Last edited by Ribbit; 2 June 2003, 03:00.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
        Likely any card since the Millennium and before the Parhelia. Pre-Millennium cards and Parhelia onwards don't have source available to compile, and the rest are all driven by the same driver. (I assume you're talking about XFree86 drivers as well, Doogie.)
        The Parhelia driver needs a kernel module to work properly, and that needs to be compiled too, much like their pre-parhelia drivers.

On the other hand, their pre-parhelia boards don't need any other driver than the one provided by XFree86 to function with the exception of hw 3D and DualHead (for some cards).

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit

Unfortunately Red Hat decided to backport a lot of fundamental stuff from kernel 2.5 into their 9.0 distribution, most notably the new threading implementation. This has broken compatibility with a lot of other things, and is potentially the reason you can't get your drivers to compile.

RH should have made their XFree86 source available, including whatever changes they've made to it. Try to find and compile that.

As a last resort, I could give you my compiled modules. They're compiled with GCC 3.2.<something> against GLibc 2.3.<something>. But I should warn you, they're heavily optimised for Athlon XP/MP and may not run on anything else (except Hammer ).
          Yes please... silly me forgetting to put that it was a parhelia. If you could PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address.

Athlon XP/MP optimized is fine as the machine it's on is an XP.

Comment

My card's a G400, so they'll be useless to you

(Sorry, I assumed your card wasn't a Parhelia for the reasons I stated above.)
            Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
            X