Heatsink Lapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatsink Lapping

Is lapping your heatsink really worth it? I'm getting a Zalman HS to replace my Swifttech MC462 with its screaming fan on it and I was wondering if it would be worth my while to lap it or not.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

It depends on how the origional surface is

The best results are aquired from a mirror like surface
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Heatsink licking might leave an interesting metallic taste. What good putting a heatsink in your lap is, though, is beyond me (bear with me, I've just woken up and try to be funny to myself ).

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Bwahahahahahahahahah
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Zalmans tend to be pretty damn smooth already so no need probably.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

az - you havent seen whats in my lap!
            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

If you can polish heatsinks with it, I don't wanna see it

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The Zalmans are pretty good. You could always get some superfine 2000+ grit paper and give it a 10 minute run over and shine it with some metal polish. I've gotten a noticable improvement with most heatsinks.. haven't tried a zalman yet though.

Comment

Working...
                X